RP3 vs Age 3

VeloChap

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I've got a nice simple setup, Rega amp, RP3 and some MA Silver RX6 floorstanders. The speakers have a good base and so are about as childproof as floorstanders can be. The amp is small and seems to run quite cool at the volumes we use (and sits nicely inside a big sideboard). The turntable. Oh my God. How attractive are these things to young hands? What kit or strategies have people employed to save their sounds? It was on top of the sideboard but I've had to remove it as that was just the right height for constant trouble. :(

gramps23

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Al ears said:
doesn't matter if mounted on a stud-wall or not

Isn't there a risk of feedback through the shelf if it's mounted on a stud wall? I'd heard that plaster board was prone to resonance. Would be interesting to know if I'm wrong, as I'd like to get my T/T mounted on a shelf and the only brick wall near the system is an outside wall that often gets dripping wet with condensation.

Cheers :)

gramps23 said:
Al ears said:
doesn't matter if mounted on a stud-wall or not

Isn't there a risk of feedback through the shelf if it's mounted on a stud wall? I'd heard that plaster board was prone to resonance. Would be interesting to know if I'm wrong, as I'd like to get my T/T mounted on a shelf and the only brick wall near the system is an outside wall that often gets dripping wet with condensation.

Cheers :)

This is news to me. The very nature of Gyproc is that it will absorbe vibration whilst something solid will transmit it to some degree. Even if screwed onto the upright stud itself it should not resonate significantly. A shelf is always a good idea, I'd go ahead and fit it to your stud wall as it will probably be an improvement. If you are that concerned you could always insert a rubber washer between wall and shelf. Whatever you do do not stick it on that exterior wall

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts