Roth Oli Speakers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ROTH AV

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi JustGenius,

Thanks for your kind words.....and we're all looking forward to the verdict when you've got things sorted to your satisfaction.

James.

A

Anonymous

Ok, the verdict...

I finally spent some time today tinkering with settings on the Onkyo TX-NR609 amp, got the speakers bi-amped using decent enough speaker cable, and eventually, when I got the speakers and the system performing the way I wanted, I felt like a little kid again!

It was good being home from work today, since the neighbours were all away, and I got to crank things up. I found that with the amazing power from these Oli 50's, I didn't even need the separate subwoofer turned on when listening to music. The sound was just amazing. Clean tight bass that you could feel carrying through the oak floors, with no distortion.

Even listening to some tracks from Illumination by Hurts, I actually noticed additional elements in the tracks that I hadn't heard before. I'm absolutely delighted with these, and am looking forward now to upgrading the remainder of the 5.1 system with Oli rear surround speakers and an Oli centre speaker.

Well done on a fantastic product James!

PS. If anyone want's a look, here's some pics of these next to a 50" plasma screen to put them in perspective... https://picasaweb.google.com/justgenius/RothOli50?authuser=0&feat=directlink

ROTH AV

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi JustGenius,

Just got back into my office after a particularly difficult day and saw your post.

Your comments are very kind and we all really appreciate that you've taken the time and trouble to share your experiences on this forum.

I'm going to go and buy a very nice bottle of something on my home tonight, sit with my wife, show her your post and drink to your health.

Might even get a snog.

James.

A

Anonymous

I got a chance on Friday to finally sit down and watch a movie with the new sound system (Onkyo TX-NR609, Wharfedale SW150 sub, Roth Oli 50 front speakers, and LG HT712TH surrounds and centre). The movie we decided to watch for was a Blu-Ray copy of the recent Fast Five (Fast & Furious 5).

My wife, who's not usually even interested in the sound system, and usually complains that the dialogue isn't very loud, thoroughly enjoyed this title with the new setup. At one stage where there were bullets flying, she actually asked us "Can you FEEL that?!" We even FELT punches being thrown, it was just absolutely amazing, all thanks to those Oli 50's! At one stage, we even turned off the Wharfedale sub to see if it was contributing anything, and the difference was almost non-existent.

I must say I'm now thoroughly satisfied with this system! I think I'm going to order Oli 30 speakers this week for the rear, and maybe an Oli C2 centre. Any comments on those choices?

ROTH AV

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
JustGenius......Thank you for your kind words.

We're all really pleased that you are enjoying the Oli50 speakers.

Best Ones,

James.

A

Anonymous

A bit disappointed by the review in WhatHiFi magazine... It got 2 stars out of five. However, that hasn't changed my opinion of these speakers! Still absolutely delighted with the purchase. Watched more movies this weekend - watched Transformers 1, in particular the scene in the desert where they're attacked by the metal scorpion. Absolutely amazing!! Spun up a few tracks as well, after one of the reviews reminded me of an old Madonna favourite - Frozen. Listened to that, as well as Sting's Mad About You, Muse's Uprising, and I was indeed grinning again.

Even after reading the review, I think if I went into a store and listened to all those speakers in the group test, I'd still be very tempted to get the Oli 50s! You can't take away from the way these beauties look. Looking forward to my Oli C2 centre arriving soon!

A

Anonymous

James,

Hi. I've just ordered a pair of Oli 3's from Planet Gizmo - they were a decent price, to allow me to add them as rear speakers to accompany the Oli 50's in front. I'm looking for a centre speaker, and would like to stick with the Oli's. However, I believe there are no C2's available any longer, with talk of a C20 soon. Any idea how long before the C20 will be in stock, and if the price is likely to be similar to the C2 (£99), or is the C2 at a knockdown price due to the C20 arriving soon?

Rgds,

Sudhir

ROTH AV

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi Sudhir,

Please contact us direct at Roth HQ - 01753 682782, or email me direct james@rothaudio.co.uk

One of my colleagues mentioned that he saw a C2 lurking mysteriously in the warehouse......and it's got your name on it.

Just need a delivery address and we'll get it to you, no charge. if you'd like to make a donation to the charity of your choice as an alternative, then that would be great.

I am unable to comment on the review that has appeared on the OLi50 on this forum as to do so would result in extreme moderation.

J.

A

Anonymous

James,

That's great! Much appreciated. I have the Roth Oli 3's now, all hooked up. Very impressed. The C2 would complete my set. I'm still stocking up on more and more Blu-Rays every weekend, and thoroughly enjoying this system!

Regards,

Sudhir

A

Anonymous

UNPUBLISHED BY MODS -DUPLICATE POST

I love my HiFi, Im lucky in having a dedicated HiFi and home cinema room.

My main system consists of a Inspire HiFi Eclipse SE TT, MF Xlpsv3, Denon 3930, MF Xdacv3, MF X10v3, Morgan Audio Deva300s amp, Acoustic Energy Linear 3s and a Rel Strata Sub...phew.

It taken a ages to get to this system together with countless auditions with amp, dacs etc..

So when I wanted a 2nd system for the living room just for CD playback I cobbled a system out of a new pair of Oli3 floorstanders, a Sony DVD and a Fatman Redi amp/ ipod dock.

After listening to my main system and to be honnest I wasnt expecting much from this second system but how wrong I was, the Oli3s make the Fatman sing, what a sound, and most of this I feel is the speakers.

Before buying Id even spoke to James at Roth regarding compatibility with the Fatman (cracking chap).

I admire the products from Roth, the fit and finish of my Oli3's is way above their price point and I must admit puts the Linear 3s to shame....

My advice is ignore the reviews, dont let someone else tell you what sounds good, use your own ears and enjoy...

John

A

Anonymous

I love my HiFi, Im lucky in having a dedicated HiFi and home cinema room.

My main system consists of a Inspire HiFi Eclipse SE TT, MF Xlpsv3, Denon 3930, MF Xdacv3, MF X10v3, Morgan Audio Deva300s amp, Acoustic Energy Linear 3s and a Rel Strata Sub...phew.

It taken a ages to get to this system together with countless auditions with amp, dacs etc..

So when I wanted a 2nd system for the living room just for CD playback I cobbled a system out of a new pair of Oli3 floorstanders, a Sony DVD and a Fatman Redi amp/ ipod dock.

After listening to my main system and to be honnest I wasnt expecting much from this second system but how wrong I was, the Oli3s make the Fatman sing, what a sound, and most of this I feel is the speakers.

Before buying Id even spoke to James at Roth regarding compatibility with the Fatman (cracking chap).

I admire the products from Roth, the fit and finish of my Oli3's is way above their price point and I must admit puts the Linear 3s to shame....

My advice is ignore the reviews, dont let someone else tell you what sounds good, use your own ears and enjoy...

John

A

Anonymous

Hi James !

Me and my friend will get in two days brand new sparking Roth Oli 50 and we have some questions.

Is any special way to take care of ribbon tweeters ? How not to damage them ?

What amp do You recommend for those speakers ? ny restrictions about min. power ?

And main question is , how about guarantee ? We bought speakers in UK but we live in Poland , so if something will happend do we need to send them back to UK or we can give them to Polish distributor RAFKO?

Greetings

A

Anonymous

James, can you comment on the relationship between Roth speaker company, and the Sinclair speaker company in Canada?

Particularly, can you comment on the relationship between the Roth Oli 50, and the Sinclair Brighton 46oT which can be found here:

http://sinclairaudio.com/460t.html

Very curious to hear your reply.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts