Rotel vs Rotel

Don Jr

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know what type of differences I would notice between the Rotel RB1582 and RB1552 amps besides sheer power? The RB1582 is 2 X 200 and the RB1552 is 2 X 120.

I'd also like to know the same thing for the pre-amps which is the RC1580 and RC1550. Will I notice a difference musically? If these were your choices and the money difference wasn't an issue, would you go with the RB1582 / RC1580 combo?

Separate pre/power combo are generally better sounding than a combined pre/power you find in integrated amps. Obviously, when you buy separates they are designed for that particular job, whereas with integrated amps are, generally speaking, compromised. It's like comparing a receiver with a dedicated integrated. However, there is a price to be paid with pre/power combo - literally. They work out more expensive. As we all know, what you give is what you get. . . .

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Don,

These products are too new. Nobody knows anything about them yet. However, I suspect they will be 5 star products when WHF gets around to them.

Regarding which ones to get, it depends on you. If you are the type of person that switches gear a lot and is never 100% satisfied, then get the cheaper pre/power. If you are the type of guy that will buy the equipment and keep it for 10 years, then definately spring for the better pre and the 200 watts.

Many people that try high powered amps, are surprised at the difference it makes. More power is always better. 200 watts means you will never be underpowered no matter what speakers you select in the future.

Also budget an extra 1k for Rotel's fabulous new slot loaded CDP.
emotion-1.gif

Don Jr

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys. Jaxwired, I listened to the 1552 connected to B&W CM7's over the weekend. The match was perfect to my ears. The first time I heard the CM7's, I didn't like them at all. That was through and integrated and I don't even know what it was. Althoug they didn't have the 1582, I figured I better go bigger. I don't want to regret doing this.

I am the type to buy and hold on to. I ordered the larger 2 X 200 watt amp and the preamp that goes with it. Now if I can sell my current kit, I'll get that slot loading CD player. That's the CD player they were using for the demo and it's sweeeeeeet! My wife had a near breakdown yesterday because of the money so we're going to be listening to her favorites for awhile.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts