Rotel RCD 1520

vonchief

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Is the Rotel rcd1520 really that bad ?

I was all set on getting this player to match my existing amp, all the reviews i could find gave it an excellent review then when i read WHF were going to review it i thought i would wait and see what they say.

3 stars and a pretty big dissapointment. How can reviews vary so much ?

Obviousley i will need to demo one to find out for myself,but i would be interested to see if anyone has one or has heard one and what they think of it.

I would have liked the matching cd player to my amp but if it really is that bad i may consider changing everything and starting again.

My current CD is the Rotel 1070.

T

the record spot

I must admit, why on the basis of one review in one mag would you consider dumping your entire system and starting from scratch?! That seems a tad excessive.

vonchief said:
Hi,

I was all set on getting this player to match my existing amp, all the reviews i could find gave it an excellent review then when i read WHF were going to review it i thought i would wait and see what they say.

Obviousley i will need to demo one to find out for myself,but i would be interested to see if anyone has one or has heard one and what they think of it.

I would have liked the matching cd player to my amp but if it really is that bad i may consider changing everything and starting again.

TBH I can't answer the question. If it's any consolation, WHFI gave Usher S520 speakers a 3 star grading, subsequently heard them, and they are one of my favourite sub-£500 standmounts. So I would go and listen and decide for yourself.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Subjective opinion, but no, it's not that bad. I've used it in demos many times with the matching 1520 amp, and the combination works great. I would say that the Audiolab 8200CD is the best CD player around at this price point, but the 1520 won't let things down.

vonchief said:
Hi,

Hi vonchief

If you are happy to consider a used/discontinued cd player and one which will be a worthwhile improvement over the RCD-1070 then i would highly recommend its replacement the RCD-1072 :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts