Rotel RB-1552 Power Amp heard this weekend.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone else heard something similar to this (120w/8 ohm:Class AB), I want to try to get a demo of other products in the same class before I upgrade my little RA-05. I'm looking for more scale and control for my B&W 685's. There is also a 100w Class D available in the range, how much different is this in comparison to the latter?

With the current exchnage rate from South Africa the price is around 900GBP.
Let me know if there is anything else I should listen to.
Thanks.

Don Jr

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I personally wouldn't go for class D...too early in the game. Let someone else be the lab rat.

Would the RB-1582 be out of your price range? You can't go wrong with more power. I just got one with the matching pre and slot loading CD player. I'm still running it in and am anxious to hear how it's going to sound.

A

Anonymous

RE: Don Jr: Yeah, the RB-1582 is out of my price range, but you have a point so let me know how it sounds when the're run in properly. I look forward to your thoughts. And btw, what is the difference in sound quality between Class AB and D?

RE: igglebert: Used hi-fi in South Africa is few and far between, the market isn't as it is in the UK or US for example. There are a couple of places to look but I won't be finding Primare or MF there. Mostly pre 80's stuff. There is the usual high-end kit, Krell, Bryston, Classe and some Plinius, very little in-between though. While we are on the topic, how would you describe the sound of these compared to the Rotel brand, I know you had one some time back. Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS