Rotel RB-1070 - any views??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I'm toying with the idea of a Rotel RB-1070 to add to my current set-up. Has anyone had one? How does the sound compare to the 02 series (or the later ones)?

Finally, thinking of going 2nd hand - so what would be a realistic price to pay for a good one?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

RA-02 integrated amp / RCD-02 cd player and Monitor Audio Silver 8i floorstander speakers.

The RA-02 seems to run out of puff in my room so thought adding the RB-1070 would add some drive to the speakers.

Cheers

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
bloody great amp with plenty of get up and go. i would go for it if the price was right, maybe £175.00 mint and with the box and instructions.

A

Anonymous

Thanks - they seem to go for about £250+ though (the good ones anyway). Unless you know where there's one cheaper??

One question I had was - when you power it up should you hear any kind of thump/thud/noise at the speaker? With the RA-02 you just hear a click from the amp when you power it up and nothing from the speakers. Just wanted to know what to expect.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Maybe RB-06 would be a better (and cheaper) choice. But only if you are considering bi-amping (because they have the same gain - RB-03 was designed to get along very well with integrated from 02 series, and RB-06 is its successor).

A

Anonymous

I get no thump from my RB-06 so no worries. Even if it does theres nothing to worry about.

You can probably find an RB-06 for about £150 - not as good as the 1070 but cheaper, and can be bridged if you wish to expand further.

Good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts