Rotel RA 960BX component upgrades

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, well technically of course it is possible to upgrade individual components. Kit is built to a price and you can buy "better" bits and put them in. It's likely to be the passive components, resistors and capacitors, rather than active components, transistors and chips, that are easy to change. Or you might want to put in a better power supply.

Is it worth it? Well it comes with a lot of hassle. If you are technically competent you could do it yourself but if not you will need an engineer and that will cost. And of course you will void any warranty. Will you hear a difference? Possibly if there is some less than adequate component in the original then changing it might have an effect.

There are people who swear by the upgrading process. It's not my thing and I would save my pennies until I could afford something better.

Chris

PS It's a bit like the lads who buy a hot hatch and then change the exhaust, lower the suspension, etc. However a Hinda Civic remains a Honda Civic whatever you do to it.

PPS One pulled up behind me at the lights the other week. It apparently didn't have a driver but then | spotted the top of a head and I realised he had lowered his seat so much that he could only just see over the dashboard.
regular_smile.gif

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
andreb53 said:
Is there a way for me to internally upgrade components to improve overall sound?

If so what etc. and how?

Realistically, no. You are best advised to buy a better product off of the shelf.

Even if you find a whole raft of descrete components, replacing them may take the design out of spec and you will more than likely mess things up.

Replacing faulty components is one thing, but making tangible improvements will involve layout changes at the very least and that's just not possible with PCBs.

People make all sorts of claims regarding modding or upgrades, but none ever back these claims up with any meaningful test results.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm with OD and Chris..........if you want a better amp, then buy a better amp.......which will allow you to hear it before parting with your cash, if purchased from a dealer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts