Rotel RA-1570 plus Sonus Faber 2.5

Tomas

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys,

I have been offered amazing deal on Sonus Faber 2.5. I have heard them on couple ocasiones but with Maranz amps. Does anybody has experience with combo Rotel / SF? I am afraid they might be unexiciting as Rotel is Rotel and I would be better off with B&W speakers.

Thank you,

Tomas

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Can you go and hear it for yourself?

I'm not a fan of Rotel, so for me, the SFs would probably make a good match, by balancing out the very clean, slightly clinical nature of the amp.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Some say the SF Venere series have pronounced upper midrange and high frequency. If true the Rotel may be too exciting for them at louder listening levels, but might be a great combo at lower listening levels. I agree the Kandy might be a good match for the SF.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure that the Rotel has enough power to handle this speakers :? IMO the Roksan Kandy is the minimum for the Sonus Faber 2.5

in terms of power output .

tomlinscote

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Well for some time there Tomas I thought we we going to be a club of just two people who had posted items no one would reply to, but I see that you have had some replies to your question. Well done :) just me then!!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
I am not sure that the Rotel has enough power to handle this speakers :? IMO the Roksan Kandy is the minimum for the Sonus Faber 2.5

in terms of power output .

I don't think the Rotel's 120 W will have problems driving the Veneres (which have a minimum amp requirement of 40W).

Stereophile's conclusion after measuring the 2.5s is that they "will not be hard to drive".

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I happen to listen to the Sonus faber venere 2.5, and found them very warm sounding lots of mids & total lack of bass. The bottom end was very dry to say the list. These speakers will do classical music very well but dnt think its an all round speaker. IMHO.

Edit: It could also be the pair I listened to were not yet properly run in. But from the way it sounded I will be surpruse if it makes much difference.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Native_bon said:
I happen to listen to the Sonus faber venere 2.5, and found them very warm sounding lots of mids & total lack of bass. The bottom end was very dry to say the list. These speakers will do classical music very well but dnt think its an all round speaker. IMHO.

Edit: It could also be the pair I listened to were not yet properly run in. But from the way it sounded I will be surpruse if it makes much difference.

that would suit the Rotel sound to a T.

Assertive and clean lacked timbre in the mid range - is how I found the ra-1520/60wpc at twice the power (and I don't think rotel over exaggerate the ratings) the 1570 may be perfect for these speakers. (my speakers would more be discribed as 'lean' by some. not suited to the rotel sound imo)

Tomas

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for all your replies. The problem is I cannot go and auditionate them. I live in Spain right now and there is just handfull of HIFI shops. The one I received offer from is about 5 hour drive away. I have listen to SF 2.5 before but with Marantz and that is different story. They haven't seem to be lacking bass but it could be due to room acustics. I guess I'll have to wait for the opportunity and go with amp to try in the shop.

Cheers!!!

Tomas

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Also, I forget to ask: What would be your choice for paring with Rotel? I know that most will say B&W and I think that they are great especialy in combo with Rotel, but there might be something even better??? I need a bit of universal speakers. for e is is lot's of Rock, pop and Jezz and My gf listen everything plus I use my stereo for films as well.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Native_bon said:
CnoEvil said:
Tomas said:
Also, I forget to ask: What would be your choice for paring with Rotel?

Probably Kef R700s
I agree.

Sorted!
evil.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts