Rotel RA-11 with MA BX2, good match?

nils_k

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to get a good cheap amp that goes well with my new Monitor Audio BX2's. As I will primarily use it for digital sources (Spotify, computer, PS3, Apple TV) as well as a vinyl player I have my eyes set on the Rotel RA11. Now, would you think that this amp would go well with the BX2's?

Also do you think that the 40W power of the RA11 is enough to drive these speakers? Any thoughts appreciated!

manicm

I prefer the RX1s to the BX2s which I had before. I feel the BX2s are better suited to warmer/less neutral amps. I think the RX2s might be the one to go with the Rotel. But do audition B&W 685s as well.

nils_k

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, good info. But I'm already committed to the BX2's for the time being at least so thats my starting point. Having a hard time finding an amp with the great choice of connectivity as the Rotel in the same price class, but could you or anyone else here point me in the direction of anyone with a warmer sound but roughly the same features as the Rotel?

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Used Rotel RA-11 few weeks back and didn't like it... i did like design and slim appearance and I bought it to fit my tv unit.. now I've changed it for Marantz and rDac ( same price or cheaper) for different and in my opinion better sound... Rotel comes with tone control, but Marantz tone controls goes further + 'loudness' option is nice while listening at low volumes.

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
The Rotel should work well with the Monitor Audio BX2s. We've certainly never had problems getting decent levels from that speaker with modestly-powered amplifiers.

Ketan Bharadia said:
The Rotel should work well with the Monitor Audio BX2s. We've certainly never had problems getting decent levels from that speaker with modestly-powered amplifiers.

Hi Ketan

You should hear the levels I've had from BX2's with a Plinius Hiato :twisted: driving them :grin:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts