Rotel expands Michi portfolio with X3 and X5 integrated amplifiers

Gray

Am I the only one who demands USB-A from modern digital sources?
It's only that they're using a B rather than A type connector type isn't it?
It's still a USB input, just requires a USB A to B lead or adapter that's all, surely.

It's the £4,300 or £6,300 that's more of a problem to me than the £1.70 needed for this:

Last edited:

manicm

It's only that they're using a B rather than A type connector type isn't it?
It's still a USB input, just requires a USB A to B lead or adapter that's all, surely.

It's the £4,300 or £6,300 that's more of a problem to me than the £1.70 needed for this:

It’s not quite so simple, USB-B sockets on amps like these are meant for connecting PCs. Even with an adapter, using memory sticks/drives - which is what I want - won’t work.

Gray

It’s not quite so simple, USB-B sockets on amps like these are meant for connecting PCs. Even with an adapter, using memory sticks/drives - which is what I want - won’t work.
True enough. And on some products there's the odd type A socket that won't accept USB sticks / drives. Things are rarely clear-cut in these times of 'simplicity'.

cryanhorner

Jun 21, 2021
Visit site
Sorry if this was established in the article, I wasn't clear, does this work as a streamer, taking the place of my bluesound node (similar to the NAD m33) or would i still need an external streamer? If I have it plugged into my tv, can i just open apple music other streaming service on the tv and play that into the amp as the "source"? The issue being, i'm interested in reducing the number of physical boxes on my console, and eliminating the need for a seperate amp and streamer/dac would be helpful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts