Rotel CD player worst ever

yavor

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I paid GBP430 for mine ( Rtel rcd06se bk) and few month after the warranty expired it died (head can not adjust itself or something). Totally Kaput !!! Not more than 150hrs for a little more than a year or two. Useless piece of rubbish. I will never ever buy anything from this cheap joke company again.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I think you've just been unlucky, a pity. I think though it's a bit strong to suggest that Rotel are a "joke company". I recently bought two Rotel units (amp and CDP) and both are performing well
thumbs_up.gif

matthewpiano

I've said this in another thread where you've mentioned your problems but incase you don't see that I'll repeat it here.

The CD mech is likely to be a Sony part and they're usually pretty reliable. Should be easy to get fixed and if you speak to the retailer/Rotel nicely they might even show some good will.

Rotel are a good company and they make good kit. Every manufacturer in every field has some units which fail earlier than others.

mikeparker59

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a Rotel CDP must be nearly 30 years old now, and still going strong, though recently the loading tray does stick sometimes when I've not used it in a day or two but easily sorted by gently pulling on the tray as it opens, so been perfectly happy with mine. Will take it apart one day and try lubricating the drawer mechanism.

Had a Sony TV a few years ago that developed an audio fault within a week of purchase so are Sony to be classed as a Joke Company??

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Hi Matthew

Can I steer you towards the 'What Classical Are You Listening To' thread, as I'm in need of advice.

*smile*

BryO

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
One broken CD player does not make Rotel a joke company, strange statement, get it fixed. I've used Rotel gear for 20plus years has never let me down.

TRENDING THREADS