Room acoustics question

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I've moved house at end of May and have been living in one room due to major rework knocking down walls and putting in steels for open plan. We've opted for a tiled floor but i'm aware this may cause sound problems. Until i can get all my stuff out of boxes and on the walls and furniture in situ i won't know how good/bad the issue may be.

I'm guessing the odd rug may be in order to take away some of the echo but would be grateful for any other tips/considerations.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I see you have a combination of the Q7000i with the denon 2300W. I have a similar setup with hard tiled floors. Audessey takes care of everything in my room. And the sound is beautiful. So no issues with your HT setup for sure.

As regarding the monitor audio's I will pass it on till someone more experienced comes along with the right suggestions. Cheers

I'd wait until you have everything set up first. It is surprising just how much a bit of furniture can calm things down.

Personally, I wouldn't rely on room EQ to fully take care of these types of situations, as tryouts drastically changing the output of the speaker - do pianists use room EQ for their piano when playing large halls, or other venues? Do what you can with the room first.

A rug here and there, and something absorbent hanging on the left and right walls half way between you and the speakers can make quite a difference. A bit of reflection isn't necessarily a bad thing anyway.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I can't wait to unpack my gear but can't risk it yet. I air cleaned my PC and blew a what seemed like pound of plaster dust out of it. I've run cables for 2 more ceiling speakers in the space and hidden everything in wall terminals. the open plan room is long at 11.5m through a dining area and kitchen.

i'll let you know how I get on and if I figure out how to post pics I'll add a few.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts