Room acoustics help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
sheggs said:
If the photos displayed are correct than this is the classic cube room.

The simple answer to getting a room this size sounding good is bass trapping, it will experience low end problems.

You don't just have to put bass trapping in the corners though, bass collects are every boundary so if you want to improve the acoustics but not have panels in the way you can treat where the ceiling meets the wall

hey GIK manager....!

I have 3 of your panels in my room, one behind each speaker and one behind myself, nice products thanks.

the room is about 15x10 BTW not square, as I'm sure your read it fine along the 10ft but not along the 15ft? Thinking at the moment it's the window with wooden shutters behind that's the culprit?

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
letsavit2 said:
Yea have used the spike shoes, was obvious when I done it they was still required.

You know what can't really do a full test as its getting late but it does seem to have tightened the bass up a little, i have been playing with my system recently so who knows. Even if its a placebo effect the speakers are more solid than just sitting on 100year old floor boards so the speaker plinths (aka argoschopping boards) are staying, might even buy another set to make them thicker!

Think iv got to the sweet spot for my system in this new room, its sounding good so maybe time to go back to listening to the music and forget the system for a while.....

You could try making a sandwich construction, with a layer of rubber / Sorbothane / Blu-tac in between. The more you can do to de-couple them from the floor, the better they should sound (especially the bass). Just make sure the tweeter doesn't get too far above ear level, when seated.

IME. This is worth a bit of messing about.

thanks might try that with a second set, they actually come with 6 little rubber feet. Yes I agree anything to do with speakers, there position and room acoustics is always worth messing about with.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts