Roku Soundbridge

matthewpiano

Although I am a big fan of traditional physical formats and will always continue to buy vinyl and CDs for their out-right sound quality, I'm looking to utilise a desktop PC thats in my study to feed my lounge system with any music that I might download. I dont want the tower in the lounge and I don't want to be messing with on-screen menus. I just want a way of wirelessly linking my hi-fi to the PC and being able to call up any music I have stored on it in decent sound quality. I have been looking at the Soundbridge. Could someone with more experience in this department please advise me whether this is the right unit for my needs?

A

Anonymous

Have a look at the Wi-Fi forum. As for decent sound quality streamers the Squeezebox 3 is better than a Soundbridge, Squeezebox Duet is out soon too or you've got Sonos.

R

nads

Well, I have a Pinnacle Soundbridge which i have hard connected to my home network, the main reason for the purchase was to listen to internet radio. You may say why not just use the PC? Well i was (both) and was getting Pissed of with the poor sound.
Now the soundbridge has 3 outputs one 3.5mm jack and the normal 2 digi outputs. So far I have only used the jack out put as i do not have a separate DAC. But the sound quality is excellent from tracks on the PC's or from "some" radio stations, some just sound like they do on the radio! Next plan is setting the wireless settings. (But please be aware of what connection modes are used and if they are compatible with the streamer that you end up getting).

A

Anonymous

I've got 2 Soundbridges, a Roku M1001 connected wirelessly and a Pinnacle one wired. They are identical units.

I have always been more than satisfied with the sound quality, but then I generally stream compressed music to them anyway. I understand that wirelessly with lossless formats you can run the risk of problems with buffering due to bandwidth issues.

Also, there have been reports of a background noise with the Soundbridge. I have never heard this with either of mine.

I picked up my 2nd Soundbridge for £85 from Expansys which is incredible for what it offers you. There are currently over 5,000 radio stations listed and growing all the time so even if you only ever use it for internet radio it's still a total steal.

I love mine and will be getting a 3rd pretty soon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts