Roksan vs B&W CM7

pba_target

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
G'day all. Have been considering picking up a Kandy K2 amp to pair up with my CM7's.

Currently I'm running them as the front pair through my Onk 3007. I run virtually all of my music from a NAS via wired ethernet to the 3007 at the moment. Most of the music is a mix of FLAC (16 & 24) and 320kbps mp3 depending on where it has been sourced from, and a mix of jazz, classical and rock in a fairly long, narrow rectangular living room (I'd hazard 4m by 11m). Whilst the Onk is stonking for movies, in the music department it's lacking a little bit of "life" for want of a better word. I'm considering putting a stereo amp between the onk and the CM's, running the pre-outs of the onk to the stereo amp in what appears to be the usual fashion.

A couple of things really,

Thoughts on the K2/CM7 combo

Alternatives to the K2

Thoughts on continuing to use the Onk as a media streamer/DAC vs buying another product to do that job.

Cheers all!

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I'd recommend buying a cheap DAC like a Dac Magic and the Roksan amp. I think you will be amazed by the improvment. The CM7s are capable of producing a high end sound. In fact, they are much more of a music speaker than a movie speaker IMO, so you are definately missing their full potential with your current setup. Good luck :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts