Roksan Kandy Power amp (2 channel)

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
I have a kept my eye on this amp to add to my system but it looks like it has been discontinued everywhere online. Those anyone know where I could possibly purchase this still? or has it been replaced by something else from Roksan?

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Sorry for the hijack,I`ve recently got a Roksan K2 and am considering bi-amping, as there is no K2 power amp in the Roksan range anyone have suggestions for alternatives?

A

Anonymous

basshound:Sorry for the hijack,I`ve recently got a Roksan K2 and am considering bi-amping, as there is no K2 power amp in the Roksan range anyone have suggestions for alternatives?

Hi,

Roksan are bringing a K2 power amp out, some point soon.

I tried emailing them a while ago and got no response. But guy in local seven oaks rang them and they said there is one coming out.

I'm not sure when though.

Hope thats helpful.

Dan.

cpr

May 10, 2012
Visit site
basshound said:
Sorry for the hijack,I`ve recently got a Roksan K2 and am considering bi-amping, as there is no K2 power amp in the Roksan range anyone have suggestions for alternatives?

basshound,

Sorry for hijacking your hijack :) But as I see, you own(ed) both Roksan Kandy K2 & ATC CA2/P1 combo. Which one would you prefer? I am about to demo both and interested in having some comparisons beforehand.

Thanks

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I prefer the ATC combo but they are a fair bit more expensive than the Roksans so I would say that ! The Roksans are very good amps and might do the job for you,would be interested in your comparisons of the two as I never got to hear the two side by side as it were.

cpr

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi basshound,

Thanks for your reply. You're right ATC combo is 3 times more expensive. However, I will not be able audition them side by side either. They will be in different dealers in different cities. (I live in Switzerland, both dealers locate in different cities and i live in the 3rd different city
smiley-laughing.gif
)

I will check the ATCs tomorrow. I already have SCM11 speakers, but could upgrade to SCM40.

cpr

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I have listened to Kandy K2 & Caspian with my SCM11's. As mentioned everywhere, Caspian was more detailed and precise. But for my music taste (rock / metal), it was lacking the warmth. Kandy 2 was giving the warmth and punch that I was looking for, but it was lacking the details of Caspian. I felt like there was a block at the higher notes. But for the price, it is a great amp.

Then after a week, I auditioned ATC Pre / power combo and integaretd SIA 2-150. For my music taste, the integrated gave me both the detail and the warmth that I was looking for. Pre/Power was a tiny bit more direct, but I like the sound of integrated better. Also given the price offer differences from the dealer, SIA 2-150 ended up to be a better option. (Apparently, the Swiss prefer the pre/power and the dealer was not selling the integrated very often :) )

If I had lower budget, I would go for Kandy 2 (or even stick to my good old Arcam A85). However, ATC SIA 2-150 really gave what I was looking for. I also couldn't stop myself from upgrading the speakers to SCM40. Now I have less money, but the sound that I was looking for :doh:

SteveR750

cpr said:
Hi all,

I have listened to Kandy K2 & Caspian with my SCM11's. As mentioned everywhere, Caspian was more detailed and precise. But for my music taste (rock / metal), it was lacking the warmth. Kandy 2 was giving the warmth and punch that I was looking for, but it was lacking the details of Caspian. I felt like there was a block at the higher notes. But for the price, it is a great amp.

Then after a week, I auditioned ATC Pre / power combo and integaretd SIA 2-150. For my music taste, the integrated gave me both the detail and the warmth that I was looking for. Pre/Power was a tiny bit more direct, but I like the sound of integrated better. Also given the price offer differences from the dealer, SIA 2-150 ended up to be a better option. (Apparently, the Swiss prefer the pre/power and the dealer was not selling the integrated very often :) )

If I had lower budget, I would go for Kandy 2 (or even stick to my good old Arcam A85). However, ATC SIA 2-150 really gave what I was looking for. I also couldn't stop myself from upgrading the speakers to SCM40. Now I have less money, but the sound that I was looking for :doh:

Caspian M2?

FWIW I found it more "sparkling" than cold against the K2.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts