roksan kandy K2 speakers

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
At the moment I have the Dali Lektor 1 speakers. These are very, very good.

My question (Clare maybe ?) ; will the Rokan Kandy K2 speakers will be a big improvement ?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Potentially, yes - they're certainly a big step up in performance from the Dali Lektor 1s (excellent though those little beauties are for the money), but it'll depend on the rest of your system as to how much of that potential you'd realise.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Anybody heard the K2 speakers already ? Thoughts ?

I love the look of these speakers but don't know if my Rotel RA-04 will drive these speakers properly.

A

Anonymous

Well, I was driving a pair of Spendor SA1s with my Rotel for a few months and the step up from my MA RS1s wasn't subtle. I reckon the K2s would be a good upgrade and you'll pave the way for future upgrades.

A

Anonymous

I agree with Igglebert. If you get the K2s and decide to upgrade the rest of your kit in the future, you'll really be able to hear the difference a comparable amp and source will make.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Anyone ?
emotion-2.gif

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I heard them a few weeks ago paired with the K2 amp and a Cyrus 8SE CDP and they sounded superb on Partington stands.

My only concern was their bassweight but they were just out of the box from what i was told so im assuming they werent run in properly.

IMO they would be a big step up from the Lektors (although as Clare said; theyre stunning little speakers). However although the Rotel will drive them fine; they wont get the best out of them and i feel an amp, 70w and more would be more suited.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
At the moment I'm not sure what to buy. I heard the Dali Lektor 2 and they were amazing........unbelievable that you can make a speaker sound so good for so little money. I'm just curious how the K2 speaker sound, if it's really a step up from the Lektor 2.

Henley

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
We're really sorry for the delay in launching the K2 speakers. Until last weekend, the only pair in existance was being used by us for the Bristol show but, last Thursday, the very first shipment left Roksan and was with most UK dealers by the weekend. They are now freely available and I would strongly suggest listening to a pair before purchasing.

A

Anonymous

I heard them at Bristol and liked the sound, though they weren't my favourite thing there at the price.

For what it's worth, I've also read that ribbon tweeters (whilst having great fidelity) are very directional. I couldn't judge the K2s on this at Bristol since the room was very narrow anyway. If you have a big room it may or may not be a factor in your decision. Someone who's actually heard the speakers in a larger room might be able to advise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts