Question Roksan Caspian M2 Amplifier v Roksan Blak

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
I have the M2 amp which I really like, but I'm considering a change to the Blak for the phono stage, dac etc. I prefer Roksan for their meaty sound over the other usual suspects from Rega, Naim etc

They are I think different design approaches with different power outputs - 85w(Caspian) verses 150w (Blak) into 8 ohms, but both highly regarded

Anybody heard and can compare / contrast the two amps ?

I have the M2 amp which I really like, but I'm considering a change to the Blak for the phono stage, dac etc. I prefer Roksan for their meaty sound over the other usual suspects from Rega, Naim etc

They are I think different design approaches with different power outputs - 85w(Caspian) verses 150w (Blak) into 8 ohms, but both highly regarded

Anybody heard and can compare / contrast the two amps ?
I have heard both but not to actually compare them as I don't feel you can compare amps in isolation. You have to hear them with the same pair of speakers, and I didn't.
If they can all adequately drive your speakers then I suggest you buy based on facilities the amps offer and whether or not you need them.

plastic penguin

Not heard the Blak, but if the Caspian M1 and M2 are anything to go by, then it's probably worth the extra £500, as Roksan phono stages are, like most built-in stages, superb.

Can you not blag a demo from anywhere?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS