Question Roksan Caspian M2 Amplifier v Roksan Blak

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I have the M2 amp which I really like, but I'm considering a change to the Blak for the phono stage, dac etc. I prefer Roksan for their meaty sound over the other usual suspects from Rega, Naim etc

They are I think different design approaches with different power outputs - 85w(Caspian) verses 150w (Blak) into 8 ohms, but both highly regarded

Anybody heard and can compare / contrast the two amps ?

I have the M2 amp which I really like, but I'm considering a change to the Blak for the phono stage, dac etc. I prefer Roksan for their meaty sound over the other usual suspects from Rega, Naim etc

They are I think different design approaches with different power outputs - 85w(Caspian) verses 150w (Blak) into 8 ohms, but both highly regarded

I have heard both but not to actually compare them as I don't feel you can compare amps in isolation. You have to hear them with the same pair of speakers, and I didn't.
If they can all adequately drive your speakers then I suggest you buy based on facilities the amps offer and whether or not you need them.

jonbhoy67

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site

I'm also very interested in this exact upgrade, Hawkwind.

I have the Caspian m2 integrated alongside the caspian power amp, bi-amping my speakers (I don't worry about the 0.001s delay from the integrated to the power as I don't honestly believe it can possibly be noticed.)
I recently upgraded the m2 cd player to the Blak and was delighted with the results. I wondered whether the amp upgrade would yield the same improvements. My only concern is (with the integrated amp driving the treble and the power driving the bass just now) whether the benefits of the blak would still be heard when feeding the power amp or whether this would create an imbalance.
The extra frills like phono stage and Bluetooth are of no real interest to me and I have a good headphone amp, so it's all about the difference with the speakers and nothing else.

I'm hoping to demo the Blak around February and will let you know how it goes if I get the chance to try it out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts