Roksan Caspian amps with B&W speakers?

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
My brother-in-law has alerted me to a good deal on the 'to be discontinued' Roksan Caspian amp range at a local dealers. It's a pre and power combo at about half price apparently. I'm tempted to go and have a listen, but I know the dealer in question doesn't stock any B&W's and it isn't practical to take mine in, so would it be a system clash or system match? I noticed the online reviews on this site mention a preference for Roksan's own cabling. Are there any other thoughts out there before I go and have a listen. (It might just be that I haven't l looked out for it before but I can't recall many Roksan/B&W pairings in peoples sigs. Whereas B&W/Arcams feature frequently. Am I right?)

Heard the Caspian integrated recently but not with B&W speakers. It's a tricky one to answer, although the Kandy had rave reviews using B&W 685 (i think) some time ago.

Without question, an audition is essential but if it isn't practical, can you not ask for a home demo?

I think it's best you ask the dealer for recommenadation on cables.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Thanks PP.

I've just returned from a lunchtime demo and I was left undecided, but he's agreed to a home demo.

Looking forward to setting it up tonight and having a proper listen.

Two mono amps won't fit into my rack though, so don't know how it'll all stack up.

Will see.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts