Question Roberts revival uno bt ( batteries)

mooota1514

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking at the Roberts revival uno bt Radio.

I noticed you can also run it on 4×AA batteries. Can someone tell me if it is OK to run it on rechargeable batteries.

If you are going to buy rechargeable batteries. Then make sure you purchase a decent brand. Duracell, Energiser etc.

Avoid no name brands like the plague.
I made that mistake once......
Once
I was about to say the same. Depending on how much you think is worth spending and what size of battery you are ever likely to need to recharge then go from there.
I bought a Varta recharger and batteries as it is a well known manufacturer and will change just about any battery size.
Might also have been because the Mountain Rescue team that I am a member of gets a special deal on Varta batteries, but that is beside the point.... :)
I am sure they will make a charger for AA batteries only if that's all you want.

Reactions: WayneKerr

Gray

Hi, I'm looking at the Roberts revival uno bt Radio.

I noticed you can also run it on 4×AA batteries. Can someone tell me if it is OK to run it on rechargeable batteries.
Chances are you'll be OK.
However some products have a critical voltage requirement.

It's all about the full starting voltage.
For standard AA cells that's 1.5v.
For rechargeables it's often only 1.2v.

So your radio starts off with (4 in series) 6 volts using standard AA.
But with 1.2v rechargeables, the most it gets is 4.8 volts.
For things like torches that's no real problem.

No idea about your radio, but imagine the threshold voltage for operation was 4.5 v.
You can see that it wouldn't take long for your 4.8v to drop below useability.

For you that could just mean frequent charging is necessary, but it might be worth buying the 1.5volt type of rechargeable (which are available).

Gray

Is there a charger & Battery's you can find me online.please
I'd like to, but there can be quite a difference in price, failure rates etc.
More importantly, I'm reluctant to make your choice for you because I don't know the specific requirement of your Roberts radio.

I can say that, if you went for the (more popular) 1.2v type, you'd have a greater choice - at a lower price than a 1.5v type.

Personally, before buying, I would be checking the (specific) power need of the radio.
In your case that would mean contacting Roberts and asking them the question:
"Is a set of 1.2v rechargeables suitable".
If so, go for the highest mAH (milliamp hour) rating and make your choice based on brand, price and customer reviews 👍

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts