ripping software

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Good Evening. Happy New year even.first post this year!
My dbpoweramp trial has ended. So was just wondering In Your opinion. Am I missing out on £50 worth of something special using the free version. Also is there any difference between e.a.c and db poweramp free version.
Thanks guys
all opinions welcome.
Kev.

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Not easy being a skin flint! Seriously though if I did use the free version then switched. Would I have to 're rip CD's with the paid version. To gain anything extra?
I think there are some extra indexing features in paid version.

Myers

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
IMO DB Power Amp is worth every penny, I also bought the Perfect Tunes add-ons too which I find useful for artwork etc. & convert to MP3 for use on my phone etc. - Both the ripper & converters can be had for free but when you are ripping 100's of albums DB does it well & smoothly.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

EAC worked perfectly fine for me, but then again, I've never used any other ripping software.

Take your time getting your settings right, rather than rip loads of CDs and realise you'd messed up (like I did).

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
kevin7.1 said:
Not easy being a skin flint! Seriously though if I did use the free version then switched. Would I have to 're rip CD's with the paid version. To gain anything extra? I think there are some extra indexing features in paid version.

It's been a long time since I used the free version, the only thing that springs to mind is the PerfectMeta database for tagging but the free version will still tag properly. The actual rips themselves won't be any different.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
From a world where software cost 100's (or more) sometimes its worth spending a little.. Trial & paid versions seems a safe option.. AVG video & audio editing software cost only a few pounds for a lifetime update package - pity Microsoft (etc) still ask for 'loads a dosh'.

Chris Firth

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
kevin7.1 said:
Not easy being a skin flint! Seriously though if I did use the free version then switched. Would I have to 're rip CD's with the paid version. To gain anything extra? I think there are some extra indexing features in paid version.

No you don't have to rerip CDs with the paid version.

The trial you had was fully featured.

If you haven't set things up correctly during the trial you might benefit from reripping (with the program set up correctly), but assuming you got things right first time then there's nothing to be gained.

I use dbPoweramp myself, and I like it's interface and DSP options.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts