Ripping cds

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im ripping my music collection from windows to i-tunes, it sounds ok, does it automaticly rip to the highest quality available or is there somthing i could do to make it sound better, im still a newbie to all this i-pod stuff, advice please!

idc

Hi jimm, for the highest bit rate and the way to choose bit rate go to the itunes tool bar and select edit, then at the bottom of the drop down box preferences, then in the pop up box it should go straight to the general tab. In the middle you will see Import Settings, click and there is the drop down box for the various bit rates. Select the one you want, preferably lossless and then OK. The default is AAC, which at its highest bit rate is still good.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
jimm:Im ripping my music collection from windows to i-tunes, it sounds ok, does it automaticly rip to the highest quality available or is there somthing i could do to make it sound better, im still a newbie to all this i-pod stuff, advice please!

No, you can adjust the quality and format of ripping in the iTunes preferences pane: Edit > Preferences > General and click 'Import settings' in the "When you insert CD" section.

Try experimenting with various settings, and see which you prefer.

A

Anonymous

Hello, what is the highest quality way to rip C.D's from Windows Media Player to my mp3?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Mr.P.:Hello, what is the highest quality way to rip C.D's from Windows Media Player to my mp3?

Don't use Windows Media Player for a start.

Why did I just feel like Harry Hill saying that? weird...

A

Anonymous

Hello, what would you recommend instead of Windows Media Player?

A

Anonymous

Mr P I also have the 816 and you will not be able to use iTunes to transfer music to your player so the advice above is useless. If you are rippng CD's WMA 'variable bit rate' or 'lossless' isn't too bad and media player also supports MP3 so once again if you import your CD's at the highest bit rate setting you should find the sound quality reasonable. Having said that I also have the earlier version of the 816 (the 806) that supports ATRAC and definitely sounds better :(

A

Anonymous

basshound:Mr.P.:Hello, I have a Sony NWZ-A816.

Don`t Sony have their own ripping software?

They used to basshound...SonicStage, which was designed for their ATRAC players! But they dropped ATRAC in the USA and Europe in favour of WMA/WMP. Big mistake I think, although a lot of people found SonicStage frustrating...never had any probs myself. The new generation of Sony Walkman dont recognise SonicStage or iTunes.

A

Anonymous

Others have already hinted at this but, as well as figuring out which settings provide the best compromise between quality and file size, consider the range of different playback devices you're likely to use now and in the future. Some file formats are more widely supported than others.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts