RIP Mary Wilson

D

Deleted member 2457

Agreed Gel, bud. Hope you're well.

Motown as a whole was one of the most unique sounds ever that influenced music probably more than anything since. Supremes to Pop music and its derivatives are what Black Sabbath are to Rock.
Yes, mate. Thanks for asking. (y)

Reactions: insider9

Gray

Music wouldn't be the same without The Supremes. One of the most influential bands of all time. Thank you for everything Mary and may you rest in peace.
So right Insider. The most successful group, on one of the greatest labels.
I did the stage lighting for her back in March 1980 in Essex.
She performed with 2 others under the name of 'Supremes' Mary Wilson'.
(She was the real deal.......tribute acts hadn't been invented then).

Another great one gone. R.I.P. indeed Mary.

Last edited:

insider9

All our music icons are slowly leaving us...
Agreed Doug. Really not many left.

So right Insider. The most successful group, on one of the greatest labels.
I did the stage lighting for her back in March 1980 in Essex.
She performed with 2 others under the name of 'Supremes' Mary Wilson'.
(She was the real deal.......tribute acts hadn't been invented then).

Another great one gone. R.I.P. indeed Mary.
That sounds sweet!

How have you guys been? Have the lockdown been kind?

D

Deleted member 108165

Agreed Doug. Really not many left.

That sounds sweet!

How have you guys been? Have the lockdown been kind?
I'm a bit older than you Insider so my icons are passing away far too rapidly for my liking :anguished: Sign of getting old I guess.

I'm fine mate, no lockdown or working from home for me, been a really busy year at work. I don't post as much as I used to as I don't have much to say anymore since I got the new kit last year, plus I think I'm a little too candid for the new forum :censored: also a sign of getting old I guess.

Hope you're doing well mate, I did like the track you posted, keep it up sir (y)

insider9

I'm a bit older than you Insider so my icons are passing away far too rapidly for my liking :anguished: Sign of getting old I guess.

I'm fine mate, no lockdown or working from home for me, been a really busy year at work. I don't post as much as I used to as I don't have much to say anymore since I got the new kit last year, plus I think I'm a little too candid for the new forum :censored: also a sign of getting old I guess.

Hope you're doing well mate, I did like the track you posted, keep it up sir (y)
Great to know you're ok Doug.

These are my icons too. As when it comes to musical taste it's all the same.

Haha, yes... no comment on the highlighted bit :D

Thanks very much for your kind words on the track! There's more in the pipeline. I'm spending lots of time learning about music production so don't get to be here as often as I used to.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts