RGB to Component into a TX-SR875

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am toying with the idea of getting an Onkyo TX-SR605/705, but then thought that I might take the plunge and up-scale my Freeview Humax 9200T through a TX-SR875 instead (with the added bonus of extra HDMIs and Reon to up-scale my DVDs).

Has anyone used one of those RGB to Component things and squirted a Freeview box output through a TX-SR875 to 1080?

Or this http://www.lektropacks.com/view_prod...ub1=17&show=55

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'd be more inclined to use one of these

from the same company, rather than the one you suggest. Otherwise you're going to have two stages of scaling - to 720p in the converter box, and then up to 1080p in the Onkyo - which could get messy.

A

Anonymous

Yeah I thought RGB to component would be best, anybody with an 875 up-scaled Freeview then? How does it compare to the TVs up-scaling efforts?

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
I've also just purchased an Onkyo 875.

Can I ask a stupid question? If you use one of these converters above - RGB > Component - what happens to the sound? do you have to take the two phone outputs from the sky box to one of the onkyo's line in seperately?

Is it possible to buy an (RGB) 21 pin Scart to Component lead, rather than having to buy a converter, or do the converters produce a much better quality picture?

The answers to this question are really important to me - I only have a basic sky box - RGB Scart out; phono audio out.and a DVD player that has RGB Scart out; coaxial audio out, so all answers will really really help!
emotion-1.gif

My 875 will be hooked up to a Quad L-ite 5.1 system.

Thanks guys and gals,

Tom

A

Anonymous

You'd use the phono leads on your Sky box and the Co-ax on your DVD.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Or if you get Sky+ or Sky HD, optical digital audio to the receiver.

And no, you can't just use a Scart-component lead, as the Sky box can't output component, only RGB - yes, I know, confusing given that component video is on red, green and blue plugs - and the receiver can only accept component, not RGB.

You need the little box of electronics to do the conversion.

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Many thanks for the tips guys! really really appreciated!
emotion-2.gif

Can I just say what a great forum this is - and everyone that offers their advice and help is doing a great job!

You have helped me go from an original budget of £700 for a complete home cinema system to buying an Onkyo 875 and set of Quad L-Ites! lol

I don't regret it one bit - I just can't wait to set it all up and feel confident that I've got a system that will last and that I can add to for years to come without worrying about replacing bits again in about two years!

Many many thanks guys!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts