Reviews of Old Arcam

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
I'm looking at upgrading my bedroom system to an Arcam CD 72 or 73, Arcam T91, Arcam A85, Arcam P85 and Monitor Audio GR 20 or 60.

Can someone please tell me what the review were like for the CD players and tuner?

Many thanks!

insider9

Mark Rose-Smith said:
I'd go for a cd 82 with the a85 amp and forget about the p85 it's not worth the outlay . I've owned them all along with the cd72t also.
Quite right. No need for P85. Also had an A85 and CD72T. If you skip the P85 I'd try and get CD92.

Regardless all the units you mention (not sure about the tuner) have been well received and still hold their value well.

Deffo CD192 with a A85. The CD73 is very good for the money, but I would look at the newer CD17. Only because there's less of a risk when it comes transport and lasers which can become less than effective after a certain age. With any second hand stuff you don't how it has been treated/used.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
I'm considering the FMJ series. What was the review of the A32 amp? The A38 only got 3 stars. As I said this is for my second bedroom system so I'm buying in increments (no rush). Gutted a pair of Monitor Audio GS20 in cherry finish sold for £375 on eBay local to me a few weeks ago.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts