replacing arcam alpha 7se and/or nad c340 amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've currently got a Nad C340 amp and an arcam alpha 7se cd player, with acoustic energy speakers - I've got about £500 to spend on upgrading the system, and have been looking at the marantz cd6002 and matching amp.

Is this the best use of my money, or should I spend more on a cd player and retain the nad amp -- I'd be grateful for any suggestions. 

T

the record spot

I think keep the amp, upgrade the CD player. Does the amp have an option to add a power amp? That might be a good option, also which AE speakers do you have? The AE109s? Floor or standmount?

The new NAD C545 BEE looks like it's a good one to shortlist and you could a couple of others you might find on a deal in the £350 or so bracket. Yamaha's S700 CD player is also worth seeking out; very neutral apparently. Depends on your preferences but those are two I'd definitely be spending a little time demoing.

A

Anonymous

hi - the speakers are AE Aegis Evo one standmount. I've had the system for quite a while now!ÿ

ÿ

I like the look of the C545 - I'll check that out. I'll look into adding a power amp to the set up. I presume its better to upgrade the CD player first as a better amp might show the arcam alpha up?ÿ

ÿÿ

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The Alpha 7 is deffo the weak point in that system; then it would be the speakers then the amp IMO.

The NAD C542 CDP would be a good purchase; more so as the new NAD CDP is soon to be on the shelves!

Other than the NAD the Arcam DiVA CD72/73 would be a good purchase as well; some good prices on eBay currently.

I do think that the speakers will be struggling a bit as well; maybe take a look at some 2nd hand B&W 602 S3's or the AE Aelite 2 standmount speakers are being sold on eBay currently, superb prices as well and theyre good sounding speakers.

Those would be 2 very upgrades for your budget and if youve £££ left over then head down the new speaker cable route and possibly new interconnects

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts