Replacing an old Cyrus system.

Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
I bought a Cyrus system with a pair of B&W series 800 speakers about 10 years ago. The Cyrus includes two fully regulated power supplies for the CD and the Pre-amp and two amplifiers one each for the speakers. Currently the CD is not working and was thinking of selling the whole Cyrus system with something else more modern that will enable me to connect my iPhone via Bluetooth or WIFI.
Can anyone recommend a system that will utilize to the fullest my B&W speakers?

Are you happy with the system otherwise? If so, maybe replace CD with something which has digital inputs so you can use its DAC for other sources and then add streaming in some form that will use that route?

Will CD or streaming be your main source?

And how many questions can I put in one post? :eek:

Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi 12th Monkey, thank you for your prompt response.
I haven’t been real happy with the Cyrus but for the price I paid, it has performed well.
I don’t listen to CDs anymore but mostly use the music stored in my iPhone most of the times.

Simon 13th note

BANNED
Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
I definetely wouldnot consider a Cyrus streamer, cadence is crap as an app and they are overpriced rubbish. I was an owner, quite why I must have been mad. Both Bluesound nodes 2 and I are better in my reviews. I’d change amp if not happy with signature or if so, A good streaming dac. Maybe a node 2i.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts