Replacement Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Marantz Amp and B&W DM303 Speakers on Atacam stands, my music source is a Musical Fidelity DAC connected to a Synology NAS Box from which I play high bitrate MP3s. Unfortunately the speakers have to be quite close to the wall and in the corners due to the size and shape of the room. The Bass is overbearing, boomy and annoys the neighbours and my girlfriend. Can anyone recommend some sub £200 speakers to replace the B&W’s? I’m thinking something like the AE Compact 1 or TANNOY MERCURY V1.

Cheers,

Jim

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I'll give them a listen. No problems with the rear bass port being near the wall I presume?

jiggyjoe

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Everything wrong with a bass port near the corner of a room!!!!

Try rolling up some socks and blocking them ports could work wonders and is free too!!

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
They come with bungs which work pretty well ;) If you do decide to buy them try them without too though - we tuned them pretty carefully to work without bungs and still close to boundaries... Generally I'd agree with Jiggyjoe about ports and corners on most speakers (including all our larger models).

SteveR750

DM303s boomy and overbearing? Crikey they must be in an unhappy place. I had some a few years ago, fantastic little speakers for the price, though unsurprisingly somewhat lacking in bottom end welly IMO!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts