Question Replacement Ear Pads Over the Ears

good_enough

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
After a few months of 'black dandruff' my Oppo PM-3s are left looking distinctly mangy.

The replacements on fleabay seem to be 'generic' and fitting numerous cans, presumably some sort of sticky-backed universal oval thing.

Anyone in this position tried anything? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance for any experience related.

camcroft

After a few months of 'black dandruff' my Oppo PM-3s are left looking distinctly mangy.

The replacements on fleabay seem to be 'generic' and fitting numerous cans, presumably some sort of sticky-backed universal oval thing.

Anyone in this position tried anything? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance for any experience related.
Lots of headphones use Pleather instead of Leather which eventually peels. These ones on Amazon seem to get decent reviews. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Earpads-Cushion-Replacement-Headphones-Headset/dp/B07R2KJ1KK

good_enough

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Reactions: Gray and camcroft
Thanks both. Can't find those Oppo originals anywhere in Oppo UK site, so have taken the plunge with these https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0869JD3C6?psc=1&smid=A30DC7701CXIBH&ref_=chk_typ_quicklook_titleToDp. They also popped up as recommended elsewhere. So here's hoping.

Frustrating though, that handing over 300 spondulicks for a pair of cans doesn't get you earpads that stay in one piece!
Not sure why they chose pleather originally, although they are pretty comfortable. Maybe it was to appease vegan customers?

The real shame is that they dropped audio and Hifi for the infinitely more profitable mobile/cell phone market!

Last edited:

good_enough

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Not sure why they chose pleather originally, although they are pretty comfortable. Maybe it was to appease vegan customers?

The real shame is that they dropped audio and Hifi for the infinitely more profitable mobile/cell phone market!
I recall seeing somewhere some project (attempted crowdfunding as I remember it) to revive the PM-3 from original blueprints.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts