Replacement CD Advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As a new member this is my first thread so hello all and grateful thanksin advance for any advice given.

The set up I run is is around 14 years old and my CD is, after much use, starting to play up so it's time for a change. The CD is a Meridian 506 coupled with Audiolab 8000c/8000p pre & power amps and Mirage M290 speakers. For good measure I still play vinyl on a Linn Axis Deck. I use DNM interconnects all round. As I can't afford anything like a Meridian these days what advice would you give on a replacement. I'd like to keep the Amps however if I can obtain better results by changing to just a single amp & cd, providing it doesn't cost the earth, I may be able to stretch the budget.

John Duncan

Welcome AB - a few questions

How is the CD playing up? Skipping discs? Have you cleaned it with a CD cleaner (three quid from HMV)?

What *is* the budget?

And finally, are you averse to a hard-disk based source?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply JD.

The CD is skipping, sometimes it doesn't read ect. I have tried cleaning as I look after my kit. It was my first decent kit and I have really looked after it. I think its like me, gettin old!!

I was planning on a budget of around £500/700 for the CD. I should have mentioned that earlier. With regards to Hard disk I think I'll stick with CD. My taste in music crosses all genres from Classical to Rock and I have appreciated the clarity my present set up has given me especially when listening to the likes of Mary Black.

Any advice is gratefully received. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts