Replace Stream Magic 6 v2 with Linn Majik DS?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Ye I found one while I was struggling to get Spotify to work and it did sound good. Yes on the CA CD and HiRes sounded slightly better but you would be hard pressed to tell. And yes Spotify sounded better through the CA than Tidal through the Sonos. I think you would be surprised at the quality I believe it all down to the up sampling to 384kHz and the algorithms by a Swiss company.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Umm Interesting, maybe i better do some more investigating this end as to why. Looks like CA are going to replace the Stream Magic with a new range of chasis called the CX range they have droped the Audio from there logo, looks a little more upmarket and has a coloured screen. So i would wait for it to hit the shops anyway. Im picking this POP amp up tomorrow to tide me over and i can play some more. Cheers.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
boggit said:
Umm Interesting, maybe i better do some more investigating this end as to why. Looks like CA are going to replace the Stream Magic with a new range of chasis called the CX range they have droped the Audio from there logo, looks a little more upmarket and has a coloured screen. So i would wait for it to hit the shops anyway. Im picking this POP amp up tomorrow to tide me over and i can play some more. Cheers.

If you have a friendly Linn dealer nearby, they might do some demos with a MDS showing Streaming through Songcast and 16/24 bit. I suspect you have a quality piece of kit there, that just needs maximized.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have some Hi Res tracks from Linn and it does sound good through the MDS. However to access all my music and try new music, Spotify is the answer. Tidal does sound better but content for me is lacking. Do you have a Majik DS? First impressions of software are mixed. I can see the flexibility but on the flip side you have to jump from one program to another.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
boggit said:
Hi I have some Hi Res tracks from Linn and it does sound good through the MDS. However to access all my music and try new music, Spotify is the answer. Tidal does sound better but content for me is lacking. Do you have a Majik DS? First impressions of software are mixed. I can see the flexibility but on the flip side you have to jump from one program to another.

Yup, I even have an ongoing thread on it: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/linn-ds-dsm-thread

I'm a ludite when it comes to computers, but luckily I know a few people who are more competent....and a very helpful Linn dealer that I've known for over 30 years.

Mine is simply connected to a RipNAS and I mostly listen to ripped CDs or Internet radio. It makes up a system that consists of MDS + AMS35i + Kef Ref 205/2.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts