Replace my rubbish Gothams

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:JoelSim:Alternatively just sell the Primares and get some Arcam kit. Even with the Gothams the Arcs will sound better

Nice try, but my wife and I had that "there has been an awful lot of upgrading going on recently" conversation this weekend.

So what is the lifespan of the 'oh what a lovely handbag effect' then ??

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:JoelSim:Alternatively just sell the Primares and get some Arcam kit. Even with the Gothams the Arcs will sound better

Nice try, but my wife and I had that "there has been an awful lot of upgrading going on recently" conversation this weekend.

And now you're thinking, "she won't notice the cables at the back".

John Duncan

Clare Newsome:
JohnDuncan:Clare Newsome:We could come and do a Reader Rescue, bringing lots of different-price cables for a blind test....

Ooo now there's an idea. Could we do it at your place (the builders start end of next week), or is it all Awardtastic over there?

We are, indeed, somewhat in a state of lockdown this month. And testing the cables on your kit would be a rather more bespoke, of course....

Well I'd bring my own kit obviously (if only to hear the ATCs on the end of them
emotion-2.gif
)

But then that does reduce my chances of losing some Nordost Baldurs in the toy box (drums fingers on chin).

John Duncan

Gerrardasnails:JohnDuncan:JoelSim:Alternatively just sell the Primares and get some Arcam kit. Even with the Gothams the Arcs will sound better

And now you're thinking, "she won't notice the cables at the back".

Bingo.

John Duncan

andyb190:

So what is the lifespan of the 'oh what a lovely handbag effect' then ??

Reducing exponentially, clearly. Though I headed off the "seeing as we're supposed to be clearing out the house do we really need a big stereo like that?" conversation at the pass.

A

Anonymous

Hi John

Won't the Gothams perform differently when used on different gear? You could be knocking yourself out unnecessarily, they could be a perfect match for your system.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan: "seeing as we're supposed to be clearing out the house do we really need a big stereo like that?"

emotion-3.gif
emotion-41.gif

A

Anonymous

Do you guys come as far north as glasgow?

I've not got Gotham's to throw out though :(

A

Anonymous

I thought you had a Blue Heaven? They're very good cables and probably match to the Primare's warm sound quite well. Personally I think the Chameleon Silver Plus is the place to stop unless you're spending over a couple of k.

John Duncan

igglebert:I thought you had a Blue Heaven? They're very good cables and probably match to the Primare's warm sound quite well. Personally I think the Chameleon Silver Plus is the place to stop unless you're spending over a couple of k.

Had one for about a week and thought it was no improvement, so went the other way, though that was with the Creej I htink.......

A

Anonymous

Why don't we all throw our cables in the middle of a fruit bowl and swap for a night?

That would be a swinging time IMHO.

emotion-5.gif
We could even do blindfold tests, feel the cable figure of eight, teflon, and guess if silver or not........

"I'd insert my banana plug in there Hur Hur" etc. etc. in a Sid James dirty laugh way.

Sorry Clare - I'm fantasising again....it's a man thing.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Graham_Thomas:Why don't we all throw our cables in the middle of a fruit bowl and swap for a night?

emotion-5.gif

I think my girlfriend would flip...

No seriously she would be more upset with that than a proper swinging!

In fact if she knew I was talking about cables full stop...

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:
Graham_Thomas:Why don't we all throw our cables in the middle of a fruit bowl and swap for a night?

emotion-5.gif

I think my girlfriend would flip...

No seriously she would be more upset with that than a proper swinging!

In fact if she knew I was talking about cables full stop...

The 'C' word....... shhhhhh. Whoops - another thread currently debating this, war!
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts