Reommendations for new home system

Alex Mauger

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I am looking for a stereo that will take cds that I can also plug my iphone or laptop into. This set up would be based in one room but I'd be keen for additional speakers in a couple of other rooms (I assume wireless rather than lots of wiring is best for this?). Sound quality is very important to me but I understand some may be lost with the wireless (i.e. in the other rooms).

Please could you recommend a system/products? Top end is probably about £500 but would be interested to hear a range.

Many thanks

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi, How many speaker pairs will you need included in that price? I'm a little worried your asking quite a lot for that price.

Have you considered Sonos wireless home music system?

Alternatively you could go for an all in one solution (maybe with two sets of speaker outputs- for different rooms using conventional wires).

Another option, is go for seperates - if you want to plug your laptop and phone into the system, you might want an amplifier with built in DAC (e.g. Marantz PM6005 - not yet out -Rotel RA11) or go for an external DAC for better sound from these sources. If you want to play CD's, still the best option is to go for a seperate CD player. Have a look at the well reviewed players on this site, in your price range.

Speakers - there are loads of good ones to go for around £150-£300 - maybe go for slightly cheaper or smaller models in the other room.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The Marantz MCR603 is rated at 60wpc and has two sets of speaker outputs. It includes amplification, a CD player, analogue and DAB radios, and when plugged into your home network, will access any music stored on the network, and give you access to Internet radio stations. There's a USB on the front for iPhones/iPods etc, has several analogue inputs on the back to plug other sources in as well as an optical input too. There's also a dedicated subwoofer output. They're AirPlay compatible, and there's a free control app available too.

These are usually around £500/600, but are currently available for just over £300. Silly value for money - just add speakers!

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree with David. The Marantz seems to fit the bill and in fact you can pick one up at Richer Sounds for £299.

Now that is a bargin.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts