Remote Controls @&(%*!!

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
A bit of a rant. I wish hifi manufacturers would stop putting 50 small buttons on their remote controls. For instance, most CD players come with a remote with a button for each digit one to ten so you can hand enter the track number you want to jump to. What a total waste of space on the remote. And it adds to the unnecessary complexity of the remote. I 30 years of CD listening, I don't think I've ever used these button. I mean really, you can't be bothered to hit next 4 times to get to track 4? You find it easier to find the tiny number 4 button hit that instead?

I'd be happy with a CD remote that had stop/play, next/back, on/off. Done.

And it's not just CD players with loads of useless buttons. The least they could do is supply two remotes. One hideously ugly rectangle with 75 tiny identical buttons, and one compact nicely ergonomic remote with like 6 buttons.

See your point, but if you want track 14 I would get fed up hitting the 'NEXT' button 14 times. Anyway, I can only count up to 10...
smiley-smile.gif

The only thing that riles me is if a function on the remote has no relation to the CDP or amp.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Well technically if the CD player reads MP3's you could have a disk in with 150+ tracks, but then that's a farely recent problem I guess...

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I concur.

I have a drawer with 7 remote controls, which between them have a total of 280 buttons!!
I understand maybe 20% of them. :?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Blimey, that's incredible - you actually have... a drawer?:bounce:

....this is not any drawer; but it is a drawer that is part of a Victorian Canterbury, where I keep my magazines (all WHF, of course! :shifty: ). :p

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Now see I'm the opposite. I miss the days when there was a button for everything, either on the remote or on the unit, instead of wading through menus. Luckily my HiFi is of an age where that's not a problem (it does have a button for everything, one way or another), but I've given up trying to do anything remotely constructive with my camera for that reason.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts