Remote app for an Onkyo TXNR818???

SPLAT

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I've just got my hands on a Samsung Android tablet and I am looking for an alternative app to the official Onkyo one for my 818. The Onkyo app doesn't display the right way around, does anyone know of an alternative? I'd like to use my SamAndTab as the wife is making me put it all away into a cabinet.

meestabarrista

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
That onkyo app! :wall:

There are some out there, but i would look at one called "MyAV Universal Remote AVR, TV". Its on google play and can control a load of different things, theres also a trial so you can try before you buy. I have it controlling my Denon, a Roku box and my Pana TV. Havent touched the remotes since. And its only five pounds when you decide to buy :dance: oh and it is landscape by default ;)

SPLAT

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
meestabarrista said:
That onkyo app! :wall:

There are some out there, but i would look at one called "MyAV Universal Remote AVR, TV". Its on google play and can control a load of different things, theres also a trial so you can try before you buy. I have it controlling my Denon, a Roku box and my Pana TV. Havent touched the remotes since. And its only five pounds when you decide to buy :dance: oh and it is landscape by default ;)

WOW! :beer: :beer: :dance: Thank you for the heads up, that's just the ticket. I wasn't sure what to expect and thought I'd have to spend time setting it up etc... But no, it just works, looks very good and fills my Galaxy Tabby 3 10 just brilliantly. Way better than the proper Onkyo app, fits the screen properly and the best bit... which I still don't know how they do this voodoo... when I switch the onkyo over to "SAT", it has the controls and channel icons for the Sky+HD, but with the vol for the Onkyo. WTFH!!!

Very slick, now can it make my kids get me a beer from the fridge too? :cheers:

I'm very new to Android, I've got an iPhone 4, but I think I will be getting a Samsung phone with this kind of wizardry.

meestabarrista

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Yeh it's supposed to control sky. does a load more too, it's not jut onkyo. they have recently put some instructions on their site which goes through almost everything you can think of. unfortunately no sign of a "kids, get me a beer" button ! (they also a list of supported av equipment)

SPLAT

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Through looking at the instructions/compatibility and their site I realised that by plugging my Oppo bluray into the router I can control that too! :dance:
So that's Onkyo, Sky an Oppo. Now if I get a smart TV, I can get it controlling that too, shame my Pioneer 508 is too old to have the net on it. :boohoo:

his dudeness

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
i use this app as well,as said above just works no set up at all controls all my gear except the sat box,left a comment about the humax and they got in touch saying they would get it sorted for me,and would i mind beta testing it for them. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

SPLAT said:
Silly me! :help:
I've found it on the Android store, I'll give it a tickle tonight.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o4x-VW_rCSE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Do4x-VW_rCSE

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts