Remember i said No I tunes?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

If you're ripping some CDs for portable use and want to a lossy codec to save space then AAC sounds better for a given bit-rate.

I would convert the FLAC to Apple Lossless using dbpoweramp and manage the lot with iTunes, personally.

I can understand why people say iTunes uses more resources than other softwares, but don't think it's an issue on a modern computer and relative to its functionality.

iTunes runs as a start-up item on my Mac Mini, and it integrates with Airport Express and iTouch Remote App, so I can select any song and send it anywhere in the house without turning on a screen at all - the Mini runs headlessly.

Does Foobar, etc, do that?

nads

I could now use a few choice words as to what i think at the moment.

BTW if you are going to send any BD disc to friends in Europe and you think the digital copy would be nice for them as they have Itunes dont bother you cant use it!

so what do i think.

Not fing much. and here was me thinking i would have had 2 movies and a days worth of tunes before bed time.

dont think so.

nads

i have now got the digital copies onto the Movies hard drive ( which should have been formatted and installed hours ago) by doing it in windows media.

BD bought in the UK over Xmas and the codes relate to UK itunes store and UK registered I tunes accounts. ( Oh both were FOX) so now to see IF i can get them onto the phone. (luckily i have more than one Mail addy... new UK based I tunes account? but the same Phone?)

For the tunes i think i will end up re ripping. but i do have a pile of MP3ïs of questionable ripped quality to play with.

A

Anonymous

Nads,

I still don't follow.

What do you mean by "movies hard drive"?

What do you mean by BD and codes?

If you already have downloaded films it is likely that they won't be able to be opened in iTunes as it accepts a limited range of video formats. Again these codecs are listed on Apple's website, and if your movies are not compliant you'll have to use software to convert.

nads

right it is semi solved.

I have some BD disc bought in the UK with digital copies on them for use on other media than a BD player.

I tunes will not let you bring them into I tunes if the account or the store are not both connected with the country of purchase.

Movies hard drive on my network. Now i hope i may be able to get them onto the phone after I tunes has finished playing around with the MP3 track i have on the portable Hard drive.

the best thing so far is iPeng a Squeezebox control app. it works.

A

Anonymous

Does BD = Blu Ray?

In regards to your films and music, all you need to do is go into iTunes, File, Open Folder, and tell it where the music, film, etc, is located.

A

Anonymous

Nads,

If it is bust doing stuff that is a good sign that it is adding your media to the library. It takes a little while to catalogue; iTunes is effectively compiling a large spreadsheet. It is an xml file within your music folder if you ever care to read it.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Octopo:Everyone will come around in the end. Except PJPro. Probably. Saying that even he is buying a Macbook.
Yeah. But I'm not sure I'd use iTunes on a PC.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Octopo:Eddie Pound:
PJ's Foobar setup has coverflow though and looks like iTunes!

Seems like a hard, stubborn, PJProish way to go about things...

I'm often praised for my persistance.

John Duncan

PJPro:Octopo:Eddie Pound:
PJ's Foobar setup has coverflow though and looks like iTunes!

Seems like a hard, stubborn, PJProish way to go about things...

I'm often praised for my persistance.

Yes, but do you know any students?!?!?!?

nads

Well.

DRM sucks and I dont like the fact that i can not do what i was sold. I can not get the two movies on to the I phone. so i will give up on that.

converting the flac and then importing would have taken forever,

So i will take my time and update I tunes disc by disc.

Otherwise i can see how apealling it can be to someone just starting .......

A

Anonymous

Nads,

I still do not understand what these films are you are struggling to get onto the iPhone? Give us info. and we can help.

As for conversion "taking forever", it will take 5 minutes to install dbpoweramp and tell it to convert all of your FLACs. When yo wake up in the morning they will be Apple Lossless.

I would like to help but feel that I am not being given enough information to do so.

nads

Ed there is nothing that can be done.

X files and Horton on BD come wuith a digital copy DVD.

the DVD allows you to add them to your I tunes account, IF your account is UK based. AND your Player (phone/pod) is also attached to the UK based I Tunes account.

you can also copy them to a PC with windows, which i have done but i dont belive i can bring them into itunes to get them on the i phone.

what you have to remember is that I am not UK based but pop back at Xmas to see family and friends and go shopping.

And what i thought would be a great idea has been screwed over by Foxïs/itunes DRM.

So not only do we have differnt reigons for BD but any digital copies are also country specific.

On the plus side the music side import is going nicely. but why did i realise that i could import the WAV files and then tag them later at some odd hour in the morning?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts