Remember i said No I tunes?

nads

well i have just bought a new Phone.

so it looks like i need to install I tunes.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Everyone will come around in the end. Except PJPro. Probably. Saying that even he is buying a Macbook.

nads

Ialmost bought an I pod touch as it would have been cheaper than a Squeezebox duet controller. as i thought an MP3 player might be nice to have but then thinking that having an I Pod touch and my phone and the car controller in my pockets might be a bit much.

so the old phone had to be replaced.

A

Anonymous

Octopo:Everyone will come around in the end. Except PJPro. Probably. Saying that even he is buying a Macbook.

PJ's Foobar setup has coverflow though and looks like iTunes!

A

Anonymous

Eddie Pound:
PJ's Foobar setup has coverflow though and looks like iTunes!

Seems like a hard, stubborn, PJProish way to go about things...

A

Anonymous

No. Just a mild conversion if you have them ripped in an iTunes unfriendly format. Though there are unfriendly ways of getting around it.

A

Anonymous

nads:so basically if they are mp3 or ACC or.... then they will just need importing to I tunes? If not then they will need converting to a suitable format.

Sorry nads, I assumed you were further along in the ways of computer audio. No problem though.

Yes, import AAC (Apples default) and MP3 directly into iTunes. It's when you get to FLAC and Microsoft files where you encounter problems.

nads

Octopo:
nads:so basically if they are mp3 or ACC or.... then they will just need importing to I tunes? If not then they will need converting to a suitable format.

Sorry nads, I assumed you were further along in the ways of computer audio. No problem though.

Yes, import AAC (Apples default) and MP3 directly into iTunes. It's when you get to FLAC and Microsoft files where you encounter problems.

It was more a WTF have i let myself in for question as i have never even opened I tunes so have Zero Iead as to what happens in there.Also at work at the moment so i cant even look or even activate the phone!

great aint it!

nads

Starting to regret it already. Either i need to install something. Or it is a failed product which i know it is not. so why cant it come with what is needed to run?

Click for bigger.

I cant even read the file and help headings.

need food and a beer back in a bit.

A

Anonymous

First of all turn off that Genius rubbish.

Then decide which view suits you best. Forgive me, but I love it.

A

Anonymous

Nads,

I looked at the screenshot and am unsure of your issue?

A

Anonymous

Eddie Pound:
Nads,

I looked at the screenshot and am unsure of your issue?

I thought he was begrudged.

A

Anonymous

Just glanced and it seems as though it is a query about file formats but without much background info.

It is clearly listed on the Apple website the file formats that iTunes and iPhones support.

Anything else can be easily converted using dbpoweramp (Win) or MAX (Mac), provided one does a little Googling and follows the instructions.

nads

is that it? lots of black windows?
and the file-edit-view etc tabs impossible to read? unless you click a different window when they then become visible? Sorry at the moment it is not usable. went to watch the tutorial videos and guess what blank screens.

what do you need to see them then i might have a clue where the invisible buttons are?

dont get me wrong i want it to work but how? any ideas?

The PC exceeds the requirements so i am lost as to what is wrong.

A

Anonymous

nads:is that it? lots of black windows? and the file-edit-view etc tabs impossible to read? unless you click a different window when they then become visible? Sorry at the moment it is not usable. went to watch the tutorial videos and guess what blank screens.what do you need to see them then i might have a clue where the invisible buttons are? dont get me wrong i want it to work but how? any ideas?The PC exceeds the requirements so i am lost as to what is wrong.

Sorry I am lost.

A

Anonymous

No, the black windows should not be there.

I assumed it was a PRNT SCRN issue!

Did you download the latest iTunes/QuickTime from Apple's website today?

I would try un-installing and re-installing initially.

What OS and spec is your computer?

nads

right sorted it abit. i found the maximize button i can now see what is going on and things scroll correctly.

A bit pathetic if you have to use it full screen. Ok it has to be full height but i can reduce the width a bit.

PC spec.
Vista home prem. 64- bit
Intel core " Quad CPU @ 2,33GHz
6GB memory

right what format for my I Phone 16GB
AAC or MP3 and what bit rate? will be keeping Flac files for the SB3

A

Anonymous

You can't have FLAC on iPhone. Convert them to ALAC in iTunes. Otherwise 320 AAC is your best bet.

nads

Octopo:You can't have FLAC on iPhone. Convert them to ALAC in iTunes. Otherwise 320 AAC is your best bet.

I know about the Flac hence the question.

Will I tunes take the flac and save it elsewhere ? ALAC is? Apple lossless?

nads

nads:Octopo:You can't have FLAC on iPhone. Convert them to ALAC in iTunes. Otherwise 320 AAC is your best bet.

I know about the Flac hence the question.

Will I tunes take the flac and save it elsewhere ? ALAC is? Apple lossless?

D'oh of cause it will not.

daveh75

An over bloated clunky bit of software no matter what the computer audioist's/Dac Mafia say,and the reason i gave up computer based music and sold my beresford after 3 week's until i find a better solution that takes the computer out the equation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts