Releasing the Inner Geek!

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I decided to have a look into the Tacima CS929 distribution block/conditioner having seen it detailed in quite a few posters systems. £30 off fleabay meant it was well worth a punt - and I've got a few ideas for it once it arrives too:

Cropping the captive lead at the block end and adding a female IEC so I can try a range of other mains leads in place of the Tacima one - logic says use the 'best' lead you have from wall (so a Nordost Vishnu) but I've also got a RA Sig Powerkord with a Wattgate 350i AG too so I'll give that a whirl too...and of course, I'll reterminate the Tacima to see what difference we get there.

And yes, if you have to ask, I do indeed have a bit of spare time on my hands!!
emotion-1.gif

theadmans

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
I got one of these Tacima blocks a few years ago.

I had to
thread the plug through a hole in my shelves but the captive plug
wouldn't fit through. So I chopped the plug off and threaded the cable
through. When I chopped the plug I noticed the cable had metal
sheilding material inside. I rang Tacima and asked about the wisdom of
what I had done and got a very grumpy bloke. This chap reckoned I had
just ruined the Tacima by cutting the plug off ! Anyway I ignored him
and refitted a replacement plug. The Tacima worked fine and I am still
using it today.

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Completely agree on the potential introduction of a variable but I'm not necessarily looking at the Tacima as a long term buy or for its conditioner.

Depending on what sort of results I get with the different mains leads from the wall I may buy A N Other distribution block that allows me to use a mains lead of my choice rather than a captive one - it's just that the distribution blocks that offer this option seem to start at higher prices so I'm just carrying out an experiment for a £30 outlay.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
What sort of distance is your kit from the wall socket? I've just bought (from that well known auction site) a four into one plug, this has enabled me to take all my juice straight from the socket and into the kit. Its made improvements I'm not going to go into so as to avoid heckling.

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
The furthest components are about 1.5m from the socket and I can't move the rack any closer really.

You get heckled on the forum for doing something that makes improvements to the sound of your kit???

Sheesh!
emotion-43.gif

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
No, no - I thought you meant you'd had it happen or seen it happen to others!!

I better not mention that each piece of my kit is balanced on onions to smooth out the midrange and that I have a sheet of paper 17.25x12.59 under one leg of my chair to improve the bass response then...;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts