Registration/log-in problems

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Some of you have been having problems registering or logging in to the website when trying to enter our competitions, particularly when using Safari.

The reason, it appears, is that if the 'reset password' box is automatically filled for any reason (Safari is a big culprit for this), your password gets reset, even though you're clicking on 'log in' rather than 'remind me'.

Our Digital Media team is looking into the quickest way of sorting this. In the meantime, I'm sure that nice Mr Duncan will be along to help if you experience any problems.

John Duncan

Uhuh - hopefully if everybody makes sure they clear out their 'reset password' box before logging in, we won't have more issues - but thanks to our eagle-eyed member greencomp for spotting what was happening...

A

Anonymous

The problem (as I see it) is that the HTML for the Sign In page should have a separate <form> for (1) the Sign in and (2) the forgotten passwords areas.

At the moment both are in the same <form> and, if you press ENTER on the keyboard (as opposed to clicking on the 'Log in' button), the form requests a new password.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts