Rega RS1 vs. PMC DB1i

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
How do the Rega RS1 compare to the PMC DB1i in a system consisting of the Rega Dac and Brio-R?

I've got the PMC DB1is that I purchased s/h, and I'm thinking of replacing them with a s/h pair RS1 and pocketing the cash saved. All unauditioned, of course. Where would be the fun if we actually auditioned stuff before buying it? Hehe

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
I doubt anything would be gained from the move to RS1's other than a different spin on things.

And maybe a few hundred in my pocket? I do feel that the Naim Stack did more justice to these speakers than the Rega stack does. Since I have the Kudos in my main naim system, I figured I could sell the DB1i's off, and get something more appropriate for the rega stack. I wouldn't lose any money on selling the DB1i's, and could get the rs1s for 1/2 the price of the db1s.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
What's a few hundred £££ in your pocket? Speakers will last indefinitely, by this time next month you'll wonder where that money burning a hole in your pocket went. Beer most likely, fun but no legacy. I'd just stick with what you've got an enjoy it. That's just me anyway.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Can't speak about Rega stuff personally, but it does match well with other Rega set-ups. The flipside is, from what I've read, the RS1s do lack in bottom end grunt, something the PMCs do not suffer from.

Audition. Enjoy. Decide. Simples.

I have no idea what the PMC's sound like so I can't compare, but the RS1's do have great clarity, detail and timing.

As PP says, though, there is no bass grunt; it's quite flat and doesn't really seem to leave the speaker. Ideal for a bedroom set-up like mine, however, as I have neighbours to think of.

Edit:- Like to swap? lol

A

Anonymous

if you like the all rega sound using the rs1's and you can pocket a few hundred quid then why not, in terms of SQ i doubt you will gain anything, although your wallet will be a bit fatter..

its down to you at the end of the day.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
bluedroog said:
What's a few hundred £££ in your pocket? Speakers will last indefinitely, by this time next month you'll wonder where that money burning a hole in your pocket went. Beer most likely, fun but no legacy. I'd just stick with what you've got an enjoy it. That's just me anyway.

Spot on. The DB1is are exceptionally good. Keep them and enjoy.

A

Anonymous

@jaxwired: Didn't you send me an email on audiogon? Hmm... I should work on getting all my userids in order across the board. Let me know when you want to go back from the OB1is to the DB1is. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts