Rega RS 5 or ProAc 130

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking to change my speakers (rega R5's) to either rega RS5's or ProAc130's. My current set up is a Rega saturn - Nait 5i v2 - chord chameleon silver plus - rega rs42 and a chord power lead. I like the r5's but when I crank them up a bit the music sounds a bit light? I have no dealers near by to audition so any thoughts on the ProAc's or could it be the amp? Thanks

A

Anonymous

Morning all, are there any dealers out there who maybe stock both ranges or others that may have auditioned them that have any thoughts on the above. My room size is 3.5m x 5m.

Thanks

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I have demod the Rs3 compared to my R3 (not R5 I know) and there is very little difference, not enough to convince me to purchase them.

If the sound is sounding light (seeing as I run R3's and they rock) then I would suggest possibly the following

1. Change amp to a Naim Nait XS and see how it goes (should work out chepaer than the speaker upgrade as can use sale of 5i towards)

2. At a later date you could add a sub or power amp to the XS

3. Change the interconnect to something like a Chord Anthem

Are you using a tacima or the likes?

These can strangle the amps ability to delivery full current, Naim recommend that the amp is plugged directly into the wall socket.

I dont think the speakers are the problem.

Also try NAC A5 speaker cable

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the insight True Blue,

Having phoned a few dealers they also suggest the XS amp or similar. My 5i is plugged via a Pure Av surge protector so I will plug direcly to wall and have a listen. I have used Odyssey 2 before the rega sc42 but preferred the 42. When I changed from old free inter-connects to the chord chameleon silver plus I found the bass more pronounced and better for it so I'll maybe look out for some anthems. Like you suggest the amp change may be the cheapest option for now with the sale of my own amp. I'll just try and find a dealer close to see if I can get a home demo.

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts