Rega RP3 (Elys 2) -> ? -> Q Acoustics 3050

I have a RP3 (elys 2) and a pair of 3050s. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good all round integrated amp that will allow me to listen away to Ben Howard or my indie rock for long sessions. I was thinking of the Arcam A19 or Rega Elex-R but thought I'd see if anyone had any good experience with those or anything else? I would also really appreciate it if some good guide me on a solid pair of cables? Many Thanks!!

Michael Reid said:
I have a RP3 (elys 2) and a pair of 3050s. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good all round integrated amp that will allow me to listen away to Ben Howard or my indie rock for long sessions. I was thinking of the Arcam A19 or Rega Elex-R but thought I'd see if anyone had any good experience with those or anything else? I would also really appreciate it if some good guide me on a solid pair of cables? Many Thanks!!

Welcome to the forum. Don't worry too much about speaker cables as any reasonably thick multicore OFC will suffice, Van Damme is a name that crops up frequently and is readily available.

As to amplifier, what is your budget? I can guess from the two you mention but upper limit would be useful. Do you want new or would you consider second-hand?

Michael Reid said:
Thnaks for the welcome :)

The Elex-R (~£900) is top of my price range. I do love a bargain so I'm fine to buy second-hand gear!

thanks again

There is a Creek Destiny amp on eBay, manufacturer refurbished with 2 year warranty, a bargain at £700, however you would need to ensure they could fit the Destiny phono preamp module which was exclusive to this model and might push the price up a bit.

TRENDING THREADS