Rega planet 2000 without power lead

Yonaled

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Just bought second hand Rega planet 2000 CD player that came without the power cable. What is the cheapest cable you would reccomend to preserve the neutral sound or at this level would any cable do. Hooked up to rega brio amp with rega ara speakers and chord Crimson interconnects.

Thanks

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Have some self respect.

You don't just want any old ugly cheap power lead hanging off the back.

Google 'AudioFriendly silver Mains Power Cable'. Only a little more expensive than a kettle lead but sooooo much nicer :)

Enjoy

drummerman said:
Have some self respect.

Google 'AudioFriendly silver Mains Power Cable'. Only a little more expensive than a kettle lead but sooooo much nicer :)

Enjoy

You could just get an ordinary kettle lead and paint it gold then your mates will think it something really special.. :)

Yonaled

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Yep I think that sounds cool, cheers guys. We've established Lo end is definitely not a waste of time in this scenario. Think I'll go silver as at least I won't be thinking about my cable when listening to CDs.

SteveR750

drummerman said:
Have some self respect.

Enjoy

You're such a trouble maker :)

I still want to know what Russ Andrews Zapperators do????

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Yonaled said:
Yep I think that sounds cool, cheers guys. We've established Lo end is definitely not a waste of time in this scenario. Think I'll go silver as at least I won't be thinking about my cable when listening to CDs.

I can't remember the last time I thought about cables.
teeth_smile.gif

Chris

SteveR750 said:
drummerman said:
Have some self respect.

Enjoy

You're such a trouble maker :)

I still want to know what Russ Andrews Zapperators do????

They remove money from your bank account is what they do...... simples!

And to drummerman all I can say is darn, you'll soon be seeing all my gold ones on eBay soon. :)

SteveR750

To the OP, if it helps, All of my boxes are connected using standard black kettle leads, and they sound fabulous, absolutely fabulous. I once tried a cheap (for hi fi) mains cable (alpha copper or something like that) with a Cyrus CD6SE that I used to own, and not one difference could I hear, absolutely nothing. I'm more worried about finding the right speaker position in the room, and getting rid of this annoying bass node!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Yonaled said:
Just been given a kettle lead by the computer guy at work. Job done

Ah well, now you will never know what your cd player is capable of.

Furthermore, you will now have that nagging feeling in the back of your mind (front of your eyes) that you should have listened to me.

Sleepless nights, anxiety attacks and sweaty outbreaks ... all part of your life now :)

TrevC

drummerman said:
Yonaled said:
Just been given a kettle lead by the computer guy at work. Job done

Ah well, now you will never know what your cd player is capable of.

Furthermore, you will now have that nagging feeling in the back of your mind (front of your eyes) that you should have listened to me.

Sleepless nights, anxiety attacks and sweaty outbreaks ... all part of your life now :)

Perhaps he has a clue so will escape those silly nagging feelings. It isn't possible for a mains cable to affect performance one iota.*biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts