Rega opening up !!! :-)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Looks like my rega system is finally opening up. :)

smiley-laughing.gif

Running Mira since about 6 weeks.

Running Rega Dac + Rs5 since about 12 weeks.

A

Anonymous

That would be the speakers, not the electronics, which usually settle in under an hour.

A

Anonymous

Wonder why people in the forums and elsewhere keep talking about the dac needing a good 400 hours of burn time....

hard for me to question you, or anyone else. I just know the system opened up, no clue which particular component did.

Could be the mains plug for all I know. :)

Or my ears.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Whatever has happened (and I tend to agree with Grottyash's post), the important thing is that you are now enjoying the system as Rega intended you should.

Few company's products enjoy the same synergy with each other as consistently as Rega seem to manage. This has been demonstrated two years running (Jan 2010 & Jan 2011) in WHF supertests of one-make hifi systems where different Rega systems - comprised of all different components - in both years have achieved 5 stars overall (as systems) despite their amps and speakers only getting 4 stars individually.

I have also experienced this synergy, first-hand, when I used to have a system based around a Rega TT, Rega tuner and Rega amp. It might explain why that particular system lasted me over 11 years.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts