Rega Elicit R - worthwhile upgrade?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jamoli

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes it is - to great sonic improvement.

Damn Elicit just this second tripped out again! This time after 2 hours listening. Looks like this one is heading back to Rega!!!

stevebrock said:
is the flatcap XS powering your CDP?

Hi stevebrock

It would be
smiley-smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

jamoli

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Update on my overheating Rega Elicit R. My dealer, Sound Organisation in York rang Rega first thing this morning.

Rega accept that something is amiss with my amp and have dispatched a replacement to arrive tomorrow.

First class response all round and fingers crossed the next Elicit is trouble free!

michael hoy

jamoli said:
Update on my overheating Rega Elicit R. My dealer, Sound Organisation in York rang Rega first thing this morning.

Rega accept that something is amiss with my amp and have dispatched a replacement to arrive tomorrow.

First class response all round and fingers crossed the next Elicit is trouble free!

Glad to hear it, I have been thinking about one of these amps, had a brief listen recently along with a Linn Majik and PMC speakers.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
michael hoy said:
jamoli said:

Glad to hear it, I have been thinking about one of these amps, had a brief listen recently along with a Linn Majik and PMC speakers.

And did you like it?

jamoli

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Replacement Elicit R received last week and running in. No problems so far and I am especially pleased with the phono stage on this amp. My RP3 is absolutely flying and I have been rummaging through the old vinyl collection and rediscovering all manner of wonders!

Absolutely love this amp!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
jamoli said:
Replacement Elicit R received last week and running in. No problems so far and I am especially pleased with the phono stage on this amp. My RP3 is absolutely flying and I have been rummaging through the old vinyl collection and rediscovering all manner of wonders!

Absolutely love this amp!

oh ****, you have lit my touch paper again!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts