Rega Elex - R/Arcam

james_k100

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Need some advice as to what to sample marrying this with - full upgrade - currently have a Debut Carbon, looking at the Rega RP6 or Clearaudio Concept - listened and thoroughly enjoyed both - the Rega through the Elex R.

Speaker advice appreciated - I have listened to Kudos x2's which were superb but they are at the top end of my budget - something a little cheaper would be good. How about the seeming bargain Tannoy Revolution DC6 or SE? Otherwise Focal 706 I have listened to and thought they were excellent.

In truth I am limited to about £2500 - I don't want to go much beyond and if I can make it cheaper all the better!

Audio T are offering this at the moment - thoughts instead? I have listened to and enjoyed the Arcam but not with the Focals. Means I can get a pretty serious TT with it - http://www.audiot.co.uk/products/arcam-a19-with-focal-aria-906-speakers-8294.aspx

Happy New Year everyone

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
If you liked the Rega combination, can you try them again with Rega speakers such as the RS3's or 5's. It all depends on what music you like listening to. I home demoed the RS3's versus the Tannoy DC6T's and found the Tannoys more fun, but I preferred the RS3's as they were more relaxing/musical. Eventually I ended up with the RS5's, they give much greater scale and soundstage but still keep that more relaxed sound I heard with the RS3's. They also work really well with my old Rega Brio 2000 amp (only 38W) and Rega Apollo cdp - I assume that Rega synery people talk about. Hopefully soon I am going to demo the Elex-r to see how much that might improve things. If you like the Rega speakers after demo there are some good deals on certain auction sites - mainly for 'slight seconds' which usually means some small 'flaws' in the wood veneers.

TRENDING THREADS