Rega combo for Leema Elements amp or Pulse ?

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi folks , I want to upgrade my Rega combo , I am interested in amps mentioned in title , there is many positive reviews about Leema Pulse and Pulse 3

But almost nothing about Elements amlifier which looks like ideal candidate for me . It has little bit more power than brio r ,dac , headphone amp and it's about same size . I am not sure about phono amp ...Have any of You heard this little amp in action .? I keep an eye on ebay for some Pulse in ex condition but its very rare .

the reason I want to upgrade ? Brio r is just not enough for RS5's bass is not tight , and there is not depht in presentation in lower volumes , most of my listening is in lower to moredate volume . I appreciate your help for every comment ...

No idea about the Elements amp, but shouldn't be that different to the Pulse. FWIW the Pulse is a fabulous amp, although how it'll work with Rega speakers I couldn't say. The Pulse III was only really let down by the on-board dac. SQ-wise, however, should be corking.

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I understand that is hard to beat standalone dac (such a Rega dac) maybe original Pulse and my Rega dac would be a good solution

I believe Rega speakers will be a good match :)

p_m_brown

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, I run my Leema Elements dac as a pre amp (as well as for dac duties) and it sounds sublime. There is a chap who I'm sure will be along soon who loves his Elements amp partnered with Kef R500s. Mmm, those R500s are very much on my wish list along with a couple of Elements poweramps!

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So I've done it , I've ordered Leema Elements AmpDac and Elements Phono stage , I should get it on Tuesday , it was blind purchase no audition :roll:

I believe it will be an improvement over Rega combo . Tha amp was ex demo used couple of times and phono stage discounted brand new sealed all this for £ 1170 what is I think very good price . I've saved £970 :clap:

Just will have to upgrade my Elys 2

A

Anonymous

domenn said:
So I've done it , I've ordered Leema Elements AmpDac and Elements Phono stage , I should get it on Tuesday , it was blind purchase no audition :roll:

I believe it will be an improvement over Rega combo . Tha amp was ex demo used couple of times and phono stage discounted brand new sealed all this for £ 1170 what is I think very good price . I've saved £970 :clap:

Just will have to upgrade my Elys 2

Good luck going blind can be scary.

I did it with my av amp but my previous one was Yamaha too. That worked out OK love it

Anyway hope you like them.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I did it with my av amp

same here, think most Yamaha AV amps are pretty nice for Movies - absolutely terrible for 2 channel stereo!

my main requirement was 2 front pre outs for my Brio R - Yamaha are the only budget amps with them

stevebrock said:
think most Yamaha AV amps are pretty nice for Movies - absolutely terrible for 2 channel stereo!

Hi stevebrock

I am going to differ with you. Yamaha AV amplifers also offer perfectly good two channel performane. Some models i've also found preferable then some dedicated two channel amplifiers.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts