Rega Brio R - faulty unit ? ;-(

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi , I just noticed , when Brio is switched on , input 5 is active every time than I have to select input 2 manually . I am only using input 2 for Rega dac . Input 5 is record input (line level ) , I think it's weird , I have selected input 2 turn amp off and back on and it's on 5 :? the amp is 3 days old . If You got this amp please can You check it on your unit ? Maybe it's ok but I think it should be able to remember input 2 it's the only one I am using .

Thank You lads

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thank You spockfish very much . I thought so . I'll have to contact my dealer as soon as possible for replacement .

:wall: this is not first time this year what I bought faulty hi fi unit . and every time it's different brand . It looks I have no luck

at least my Dac is working so far . :pray:

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
domenn said:
... this is not first time this year what I bought faulty hi fi unit . and every time it's different brand ...

Were all the faults of a similar nature?

I remember when our old tv was away for repair and we had a 'loaner' from the repair company. It had some crazy 'global' remote control option switched on that tried to control everything within range!

It locked up my old amp about 5 times a day until I found out what was going on, found the setting on the tv and disabled it.

Is there anything in the room/house creating a 'hostile' environment for new bits of hifi? (No-one gets that much bad luck surely?)

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
the first amp there was something with standby LED , flashing . In my room I have only Brio's remote . I tried to take off batteries and problem is still remaining . also I've turned off all electrical equipment around (almost all) .unconnected RCA cable and speaker cable but Brio still likes that input 5 .

Thank You for suggestions I'll keep it in mind .

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So yesterday I got brand new Brio R . I was hoping that second unit will be ok . but i just noticed that my left speaker is humming , buzzing more than left speaker , it's tweeter actually . I can hear that from 30 cm . My speakers are placed on computer desk so it's annoying . The old Brio R I had before was not buzzing so loud . Now I am getting paranoid .

Is this another faulty unit ? I am really disappointed whith Rega quality so far . Sound is very good but I went for rega for their well known reliability too . :?

Mr Morph

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Easy way to find out, swap the speakers over and see if you have the same problem through the same channel. Can't believe you've had such bad luck...

Mr Morph

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
domenn said:
I've tried switch it over and it's left hand channel , :( I dont know if I have to contact seller again or what ? :wall:

Oh dear, then it does look like the amp. Might be worth twisting the interconnects between your source and amp to make sure they are making proper contact, but in all probability if it was a cable problem you'd hear nothing out of that channel. One last thing that comes to mind is plugging your source into a different input on the amp.

Sorry, but can't help you beyond that, maybe some Brio owners will have some other ideas?

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have tried to plug Brio to socket in another room ,I unplugged rega dac so amp is running only with speakers and still left hand channel is buzzing louder than right channel .

thank you Mr Morph

TRENDING THREADS