Rega Brio R and Sonos

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just got a Rega Brio R and Rega DAC to connect to my Sonos ZP90 and B & W CM1's.

Is this amp and DAC OK to leave on or should I be powering it down?

Also, I have the ZP90 set to variable (at the moment) and the Rega set to about 3/4 volume. Above this I start getting noise from the speakers, how can I reduce this or is this acceptable?

Cheers

valleyboy74

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Both the DAC and amp are perfectly capable of being on for a long period of time. However, I don't see the point in doing that.

Furthermore I don't understand your remark about the ZP90 set to variable, as I assume that you've connected your Sonos digitally (SPDIF) to the DAC.

Regards,

A

Anonymous

I'd like the amp and dac to be on so that I can run the system totally wireless, i.e. not having to physically turn the amp and dac on everytime I want to use it.

I've got the ZP90 connected to DAC via optical cable, the ZP90 is set to variable so that I can control the volume via the Sonos controller and therefore not use 2 remotes. I know that setting it to fixed and controlling the volume via the Amp is preffered but at the moment we are having a few parties and it's easier for people to control the whole system, including volume of all the zones through the sonos controller.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
spockfish said:
Furthermore I don't understand your remark about the ZP90 set to variable, as I assume that you've connected your Sonos digitally (SPDIF) to the DAC.

The ZP90 uses a 24-bit output to give 8-bits of volume control with 16-bit files, provided you don't set the volume output to "fixed".

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts