Rega Aria

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
It just goes to show how relevant cart / phono matching is, then when you throw in valves vs solid state it opens up a myriad of endless presentation scenarios !!

I dont think Valves are better than SS for 1 minute, but I know what I prefer - presently my system has a nice balance and sound that I like so I have to be careful about changing things on the analogue side!

mgkwackerd

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Steve you've hit the nail right on the head.

That's what we all aim for, and analougue T/T is harder to system match than digital.

It really does come down to patience, and proper home demo's with "broken in" electronics, to find your own sound.

Hi-Fi don't you just love it ? !!!!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
mgkwackerd said:

That's what we all aim for, and analougue T/T is harder to system match than digital.

It really does come down to patience, and proper home demo's with "broken in" electronics, to find your own sound.

Yeah I do, I have a Rega DAC going into a Valve amp and IMO i cant see me investing in any other digital sources as the the Rega does a fantastic job and exceeds my expectations.

My vinyl rig is a different beast altogether - some many possibilities - crikey some people have different carts to suit their mood!!!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
stevebrock said:
mgkwackerd said:

...crikey some people have different carts to suit their mood!!!

the work that is needed to fit a cart properly, it is not for me!

My mood is constant....*biggrin*

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
stevebrock said:
mgkwackerd said:

...crikey some people have different carts to suit their mood!!!

the work that is needed to fit a cart properly, it is not for me!

My mood is constant....*biggrin*

Fitted a few now - 2 Nagaokas, 1 Dynavector & 1 Benz - yeah be careful and use tweezers for the tags!

I would be ok fitting a £2k cart, would be shitting it like, but could do it and set up!

TRENDING THREADS